What is the 17th of September known for?
What are the 17 goals?
It's your decision
Climate change, poverty and hunger, displacement and migration are issues that concern us all. We decide whether to buy products such as jeans, chocolate or cell phones that people have made under dignified and fair conditions. We decide how much energy we use. We decide how to deal with the resources and treasures of nature. Our lifestyle and the way we do business have direct consequences - for us, for others and for future generations. It's time to rethink. We are all asked. Politics and economics like each and every one of us.
What can our contribution to climate protection, fair standards in the world of work and against hunger and poverty be? The 2030 Agenda with its 17 goals for sustainable development serves as a guide. This was adopted on September 25, 2015 by 193 heads of state and government at the United Nations summit in New York. The 2030 Agenda is a “world future treaty”. With this treaty, the states undertake to secure a life in dignity for all people by the year 2030. To achieve this goal, we in Germany also have to change our way of life.
The 2030 Agenda names five core messages that precede the 17 goals as principles of action: 1. Focus on human dignity, 2. Protect the planet, 3. Promote prosperity for all, 4. Promote peace and 5. Build global partnerships.
Essentially, the 17 Sustainable Development Goals are intended to:
- End poverty and hunger and fight inequalities
- Strengthening people's self-determination, ensuring gender equality and a good and healthy life for everyone
- Promote prosperity for everyone and shape sustainable lifestyles around the world
- Respect the earth's ecological limits: fight climate change, preserve natural resources and use them sustainably
- Protect human rights - ensure peace, good governance and access to justice
- Build a global partnership
The goals take into account all three dimensions of sustainability - social, environmental, economic - and apply to all countries in the world: industrialized, emerging and developing countries. They make it clear that we have a shared responsibility for the world.
Check out our video on the 17 goals
In order to implement the 2030 Agenda in Germany as well, the Federal Government adopted the German Sustainability Strategy in 2016 and updated it in 2018. In it, it defines what contributions it is and will be making towards the sustainable development goals. The strategy encompasses the entire spectrum of sustainability issues, from higher educational qualifications, reducing income inequalities between men and women, through securing social housing, to trade opportunities for so-called developing countries.
The Federal Statistical Office prepares an indicator report every two years. This shows how far the German sustainability strategy has already been implemented and where further action is required.
The success of the 2030 Agenda depends on everyone participating - not just states and organizations, but each and every individual. Everyone can make a contribution. The more people participate, the more likely it is to establish an international partnership for sustainable development. Because only together will we create a better, fairer and more sustainable world.
- Why are rotating cylinders tilted
- What causes small bumps on the labia
- How is the Flask Framework implemented
- How should we breathe properly while walking?
- How is the Nikon Coolpix P1000 camera
- Can pet turtles show affection
- Can 3 months is enough for cat
- Why do some canaries not sing
- How do I help an illiterate person
- What causes blood blisters
- Is blogging for money worth a try?
- Is a UC better than a CSU
- How do psychopaths deal with toxic people
- What are some beautiful French songs
- What's your favorite campbells soup
- How is Freshman Housing at Kean University
- What causes toxic waste pollution
- Magpies are outside during the day
- Who is Malay Roy Choudhury
- What did Ygritte know
- What are some dark punctuation marks
- How are tomatoes grown in Africa
- What are the best backbone JS apps
- Why is the Google AdSense website poorly maintained
- What is the best material for scalability
- How can I learn SDLC for free
- Which app should I make 1
- What is a UK Visa
- What is a facebook channel
- How can you fix crooked teeth?
- The US is a sick society
- What is an incredibly catchy whistled melody
- The chicken head is poisonous