How many volts are in a unit
The volt is the derived SI unit of electrical voltage with the unit symbol V. The volt is named after the Italian physicist Alessandro Volta.
The electrical voltage of one volt between two points of a homogeneous, evenly tempered line conductor is present when the power of one watt is converted between these two points with a stationary current of one ampere.
The following applies in formula symbols: "Voltage is work capacity per amount of charge"
International is the symbol for tension E., in the Anglo-Saxon-speaking area also often V. (Voltage).
Since the above definition can hardly be used as an exact reference in practice, one volt has been determined since 1990 using the Josephson effect and the Josephson constant, the reciprocal of the magnetic flux quantum. This constant is:
- = 4,835979 1014 Hz / V
This means that the definition of one volt for reference measurements can be traced back to a very precise frequency measurement (time measurement).
Previously the definition of one volt was derived from the Weston normal element. This element delivers an electrical voltage of at a temperature of exactly 20 ° C
- UN = 1.01865 V.
Decimal multiples and parts of volts
See also prefixes for units of measure.
One kilovolt, kV, corresponds to 1,000 volts: 1 kV = 103 V. It is used especially in power engineering for high voltages.
One millivolt, abbreviated mV, corresponds to the thousandth of a volt: 1 mV = 10-3 V or 0.001 V. This sub-unit is used in electronics, which also work with low voltages.
- Electricity - an overview of the topic
Categories: SI unit | Electric unit
- What does no such luck mean
- What are black serial killers
- Existential depression is a privilege
- Can import and export government employees
- What is PHP Development and Web Development
- Who owns www
- Biology students can do an MBA
- Why do nuclear power plants explode
- After a BCom what should I prefer
- How important is epilepsy
- What website is English being learned on?
- What is modern warfare about 4
- How can I prepare for law school?
- How does Send Anywhere make money
- What makes someone a good football player
- Can you fall asleep on your bike
- Going to college requires you to be rich
- What makes remodeling the bathroom so expensive?
- Justin Trudeau lacks substance
- Edit publishers
- What is a dropdown in HTML
- What are the SQL sublanguages
- How can I discover a star
- Why would anyone prefer UChicago Brown