What is LSMW in SAP
The Legacy System Migration Workbench (LSMW for short) is part of the SAP system and has been included in the SAP standard version since the basis release ERP 6.0. You can use this integrated development environment for data migration of external data (from non-SAP systems) as well as for mass updates within existing SAP systems. LSMW is a cross-application component (CA) of the SAP system. It can be used platform-independently and has interfaces to the data transfer center, to batch input (BTCI) or direct input processing, as well as to the standard interfaces BAPI and IDoc.
Video: Create cost center master records based on Excel
Collective processing of cost centers
Collective processing of cost types
Mass change of master data for vendor payment method
You can use the LSM Workbench to migrate both simple and complex data, called source structures in the SAP context.
You will learn to appreciate the advantages of the LSM Workbench particularly if you migrate old data whose structures differ greatly from those in SAP and which require data conversions. But the LSM Workbench is not only a useful tool for migrations and new implementations; It can also be very helpful in a running SAP system. This technology is particularly popular when changes are to be made to user-specific fields that cannot be carried out using the mass change transactions (e.g. MASS, XD99, XK99).
The LSM Workbench is used for the data migration of external data to SAP, i.e. from legacy systems to R / 3. This data transfer can be carried out as a one-off or periodically recurring measure. Data conversion is possible within the LSMW tool. The following SAP standard methods are available for importing external or old data into SAP using LSMW:
- Batch input
- Direct input
- Is there any other explanation for light
- Why did Baal clone himself in Stargate
- How can I get FD online
- Which flower name ends with EN
- Who are the Democrats running for President?
- Which animal came to earth first?
- Why is philosophy so important to Socrates
- Where is soluble or insoluble
- What actually is rocket science
- What types of stream laptops are there
- Are there floating prisons in real life?
- How to get love with meditation
- Munich is very clean
- Accountants have a future
- When should I visit the UAE?
- How do I deal with excessive fear
- Are chess tactics generated procedurally
- Why was the Sanhedrin important in Israel
- What does commercial vehicle insurance cover
- What are your technology predictions for 2012
- How is the hostel in Banasthali
- Can we invest directly in Sensex?
- Gang Starr will be huge
- What are some good mindfulness breathing techniques