What are truffle fries
Truffle french fries
Although truffled french fries have become a controversy (there has been a lot of debate over their taste and whether they actually match the culinary hype), it seems these beauties are here to stay.
Because the french fries have such a robust taste when paired with truffle oil, make sure you serve them with food that can hold up well. An obvious choice is a steak. Of course, you can eat them yourself for pure enjoyment.
The trick to making hearty, earthy, and inexpensive truffle fries is to use premium quality truffle oil. A little goes a long way and you will only need a few tiny drops to make your truffle fries perfect, so don't skimp on the price.
What you will need
- 4 large, waxy potatoes, peeled
- Vegetable oil (or rapeseed oil) for frying
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon high quality truffle oil
How to do it
- Cut the potatoes lengthways into thin strips, about 1/3-inch wide.
- Soak the potatoes in ice-cold water for 1 hour, drain and pat dry completely.
- Heat the oil to 325 ° F in a deep fryer or deep pan and blanch the potatoes by frying them in batches for 2 minutes. Drain the fries on fresh kitchen towels or paper towels.
- Raise the heat of the oil to 375 F and cook the potatoes a second time in batches for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Place the french fries on baking trays lined with fresh kitchen towels or paper towels and portion on serving plates.
- Sprinkle them with salt, drizzle with truffle oil and serve immediately for maximum effect. Truffle fries don't hold up well and can go soft pretty quickly. Left too long, the scent of the truffles will disappear.
- Serve with a good steak.
Making and serving Perfect truffled French fries
- Use the best truffle oil you can afford.
- Always use fresh cooking oil when preparing french fries. Old oil can easily spoil the taste of the french fries, and any crumbs in the oil can burn when reheated, which in turn will spoil the taste of the french fries. Always strain off pre-cooled cooking oil before using it again.
- Serve the truffle fries with either a small bowl of aioli, finely grated Parmesan or some flat parsley, chopped with a few slices of garlic. Sprinkle over the hot fries as you like.
- Have a splash guard ready for this recipe. If you get hot oil on your skin, hold it under cold, running water for a few minutes and consult a doctor if in doubt. Never use ice to cool a burn; it can cause skin damage.
- What is cell elongation
- Do you always doubt yourself
- Which country benefited the most from World War II?
- How does engineering affect the medical field?
- Growth Hormone Makes Your Head Bigger
- What does in C 11
- Which topics are not allowed on Medium
- Why are deserts sandy
- What is the correct saying of Muhammad
- When did Albert Einstein become famous?
- What are the ten most motivating books
- Which course is suitable for computer networks
- What is a local business environment
- Should my sperm be green
- How does the profit motive benefit society?
- How did democracy fail the world
- Which countries have the strictest vaping regulations?
- What is the fully diluted capitalization
- What methods are used to manage payroll
- How do I start an affair
- Still think about terraforming Mars
- How is the dress of the Dutch
- What do network technicians do all day
- How do I stop 3
- Psychopaths make the effort to save up for retirement
- What's New Research in Diabetes
- Rich people don't multitask
- Have you ever lost someone to drugs?
- How do you treat cigarette burns
- Can you touch a capacitor
- What are the flaws of theology
- How do I become a creative writer
- Is the last episode of Doraemon faked
- What can singing lessons teach you