Is this blood test normal?
Laboratory results: the blood sample
Before each blood sample is taken, the attending physician must carefully make a selection from the large number of laboratory tests available - there are actually thousands of different parameters in blood and other body fluids. This depends on the respective medical question (indication).
A blood sample can be drawn for the following reasons:
- Preventive medical check-up,
- Clarification (confirmation or exclusion) of a suspected diagnosis,
- Follow-up in case of confirmed disease
- Assessment of the success of the therapy,
- Assessment of the further course of the disease (prognosis).
Many mistakes happen in the run-up to the laboratory analysis. These steps are known as “preanalytics”. The most common mistake is mixing up samples. This can happen if, for example, the tubes are labeled incorrectly when taking a blood sample.
A few points must be observed even before the blood sample is taken so that correct and coherent (plausible) test results are obtained in the end:
- When to take blood: ideally in the morning between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m.
- For certain examinations, the patient should be fasted (e.g. blood sugar test): But fasting does not mean starving! The day before, nothing should be eaten after 8 p.m. Small amounts of water or unsweetened tea may be drunk on the morning of the blood draw.
- How can the acceleration formula be calculated
- Is a violation of privacy against the law
- What is the serial interface used for?
- Do people mistake you for Bhuvan Bam
- How does a firing squad work
- Was the Welsh nobility indeed Welsh?
- How does an OxyCodone high feel?
- Is the Percy Jackson series good
- Are CA Foundation scanners available
- What is special about Ubud
- Contribute autistic people to society
- Did Scopely raise funds?
- Is PHP as safe as HTML
- When will Pinterest go public
- What are significance levels in statistics
- Why is witches not soluble in water
- What is PHP Development and Web Development
- Who is playing Clash Royale
- Are students intelligent or not these days
- What is the healthiest store bought soup
- Why can't I be too kind
- How can I learn life hacks
- Where can I find buyers of 3D printers
- Is Django on the way out