What is your definition of the word hipster
Tel Aviv is here [for many people in Germany] as a hotspot, a “place to be”, a hotspot for hipsters, for young people. Exciting cultural scene, urban lifestyle, colorful start-up landscape. [Speech by the Federal Minister for Foreign Affairs, October 8, 2018, accessed on May 22, 2020]
Hand on heart: If you didn't know the Berchtesgadener Land in the background, you would have located the 28-year-old with his beard, his tattoos, cloth sneakers and the sidewalk suitable for the walkway at a tram stop on Rosenthaler Platz in Berlin, Germany's hub for full-time individualists, hipsters and Lumberjack shirt wearers [...] who [...] work either as start-up founders or freelance designers. [Welt am Sonntag, May 17, 2015, No. 20]
Some of them [some of the young beards you can find everywhere] are probably Muslims, others wear them for fashion reasons, in any case not so neatly trimmed, but wild and bushy, which makes them appear ten years older. And so still very young. This includes a flat cap, tight trousers and a jacket or cardigan from a second-hand store - and the hipster is ready. [Der Standard, May 9, 2014]
With every rap text, every rock song, every young novel, every independent film, a new generation of hipsters goes on a search. [Süddeutsche Zeitung, 04.07.2006]
derogatoryPerson who thinks about their image, appearance and status symbols, etc. gives excessive importance, conformist and apparently indiscriminately embraces new trends
But how can it be that hipsters who emphasize individuality all look the same in the end? [Der Standard, November 19, 2014]
The hipster has always been a somewhat ridiculous figure who, cramped, stylized himself as a consumer avant-garde. [Welt am Sonntag, 05.01.2014, No. 1]
"Well, if I saw all the hipsters who all look like me, with a laptop and iPhone, sitting in the Café Latte Bistro with a DJ bag - I'd go crazy," said K [...]. [Die Zeit, 08/02/2013 (online)]
The "hipster", this phantom of the past decade, is not so unbearable because he is the rancid revenant of a fashionable figure who is said to have populated New York in the 1950s, but because he, in his zeal, just that Not to miss the “present”, becomes a radical opportunist of effect […]. [Süddeutsche Zeitung, 23.03.2011]
- When will Jio GigaFiber be launched in Mumbai?
- How is Rishikesh Uttarakhand India
- A hospital can issue sickness certificates
- How can I be an astronaut
- Which parties are involved in arbitration?
- How is a budget drawn up?
- What can you do about identity theft
- What memorization techniques do you highly recommend
- Which Bitcoin should I invest in?
- Were the Saturn V rocket parts reusable
- Why is the gravitational force always negative
- Can we be professionally successful without a high school diploma?
- How are you different from your twin
- How to draw realistic skin
- What are the eating habits of horses
- Is unbelief a belief in oneself
- How is Brazil a multicultural society
- How common is RH-negative blood
- Did Laos ever have slaves
- Manuka honey has to be cooled after opening
- Is Hadoop useful for hedge funds
- How is theater related to science?
- How effective is biological warfare
- Is the work of an IPS officer adventurous
- Which companies have formal salary formulas
- Why do piercings become infected
- How did Stevie Ray Vaughan learn to play the guitar
- What are the growing startups in Stockholm
- What are the industries in Jharkhand state
- Diplo is a cool guy
- Why should I do a marketing internship?
- When did copyright save a company?
- Should all nations have equal rights
- What is spandex fabric