What is your favorite region in Spain
Spain at a glance - the most beautiful regions, islands and cities
When was the first time you went to Spain?
I was in Spain for the first time in 1999, back then with my parents on the Spanish mainland. Without a plane to Playa de Fenals (Lloret de Mar), that will be remembered as it is a long drive by car. I was already impressed by the trip to Barcelona, La Sagrada Familia is an impressive landmark of the city.
What do you love about the country?
Spain as a holiday destination simply has a lot to offer. The diversity of nature and the landscape is extraordinary - from the highest mountain in the country, the Teide on Tenerife, to miles of sandy beaches.
Exciting big cities like Barcelona or Madrid are also worth a trip. But what excites me even more is the Spanish cuisine. I love tapas, especially the Spanish ham, e.g. the famous Jamón Serrano. But you can also eat your fill of good cheese, green peppers, pimientos de padrón or gambas al ajillo, prawns in garlic and oil. On hot days, try a delicious gazpacho, a cold vegetable soup with garlic. And of course you shouldn't miss the good wines of the individual regions.
What is your favorite region in Spain? Island or mainland?
Personally, I really like the islands, the distances are shorter and you can get a lot of different impressions with just a few kilometers. The Canaries in particular offer a lot of variety in a relatively small space, from lava landscapes on Lanzarote to extensive sand dunes on Gran Canaria to the green landscapes on Tenerife. Mallorca, on the other hand, has a completely different flair, in the capital Palma I like to stroll through the small alleys and spend the evening in one of the numerous bars.
Who can you recommend a holiday in Spain to?
It might sound trite, but there is something for almost everyone in Spain.
- For Familys I can recommend the Balearic Islands, the short flight times ensure a relaxed journey and the flat sandy beaches invite you to swim and are particularly suitable for children.
- Those interested in culture must have been to Andalusia once. The cathedral of Seville, Cordoba and its mosque cathedral, which has even been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Alhambra fortress in Granada and the city of Ronda with its spectacular 100m deep Tajo Gorge should definitely be on the program.
- Who would rather sporty on the go want to be, can be impressed by the fascinating landscape while hiking in the national parks of Tenerife, La Palma and La Gomera.
- Golfer get their money's worth especially on the Costa del Sol and the Costa del la Luz.
- And of course Spain also has for Party friends has a lot to offer, in addition to the well-known party zones at Playa de Palma on Mallorca, it can of course also be celebrated in Ibiza's legendary clubs.
Which region is particularly suitable for holidays with children?
As already mentioned, the Balearic Islands are very suitable for traveling with children, especially Menorca impresses with its flat and beautiful sandy beaches and is therefore very popular with families or holidays with children. The hotel complexes there also offer a diverse program that specializes in families - from age-appropriate childcare and extensive animation programs to water slides and splash parks.
How good is the local public transport network?
Is it worth renting a car? In the holiday regions in Spain you can of course get around with public transport, especially with the regular buses, which are the cheapest way of getting around. But if you want to be independent and off the beaten track, I definitely recommend a rental car.
You should then only find out about the Spanish traffic rules in advance, from my own experience I can say that wrong parking can be quite expensive. The positive surprise after returning was the 50% discount for immediate payment. Learned something again ...
Is there an ideal travel length?
The most popular travel length among our customers is 7-10 days, but it all depends on what you plan to do. After Mallorca or Ibiza there is also a long weekend to switch off and soak up the sun. Some customers stay in the Canary Islands for several weeks, for example to escape the cold winter in Germany. Fortunately, thanks to the good flight connections, each holidaymaker can make a very flexible decision.
Spanish for Holidays: Essential Words and Phrases
You get along well with English in most of the Spanish regions. But it is still nice to be able to use the most common words, such as hello or thank you, in the local language.
Therefore, here is a small phrase book for everyday life and emergencies:
- Public language courses are boring
- How does organic fertilizer help the plants
- Only one belief can be true
- What is a WiPoke
- Why scalability is a problem in cryptocurrencies
- How did the Green Revolution help the peasants
- How do i learn this perl code
- Why is Lionel Messi hated so much
- Why does my view die
- What's the point of having imaginary numbers?
- Does marijuana affect your bones
- Is marriage a must for a woman's life?
- What is a mom blogger
- Is the Percy Jackson series good
- How was Bitcoin split up?
- How do virtual banks work
- Is the last episode of Doraemon faked
- How is energy introduced into the ecosystem
- What is a durometer
- Can someone cure cancer with programming bacteria?
- Windows becomes the driver operating system
- What do the Dutch think about Scandinavia
- What are some modeling institutions in India
- Why is Egypt important