What is the CEED test for?
Kia Ceed: tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) / check tire pressure
- You can check the tire pressure in the information mode in the instrument cluster.
- See “LCD Mode” in Chapter 4.
- The tire pressure will be displayed 1 ~ 2 minutes after driving.
- If the tire pressure is not displayed when the vehicle is stopped, the message “Drive to display” will appear. Check the tire pressure after driving.
- You can change the unit for tire pressure in the user settings mode in the instrument cluster.
- psi, kpa, bar (see “User setting mode” in chapter 4).
Check every month while cold on all tires including the spare wheel (if available) whether the tire pressure corresponds to the information given by the vehicle manufacturer on the label or sticker with tire pressures attached to the vehicle.
(If you equip your vehicle with special wheels that are not listed on the attached label or sticker for the tire pressures, you must inquire about and comply with the corresponding tire pressures for these wheels.)
As an additional component of the safety equipment, your vehicle is equipped with a tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS). The system switches on a warning light if the tire pressure of one or more tires is significantly too low. You should therefore stop your vehicle as soon as possible when the warning light for insufficient tire pressure lights up, check your tires and correct the tire pressures to the specified values.
Driving with a tire in which the tire pressure is significantly too low leads to overheating of the tire, which can lead to tire damage. Insufficient tire pressure also increases fuel consumption and tire wear and can have a negative impact on driving and braking behavior.
Please note that the TPMS system is not a substitute for proper tire care; it is the driver's responsibility to maintain the correct tire pressure, even if the tire pressure has not yet dropped to the level at which the TPMS warning light is switched on due to insufficient tire pressure.
Your vehicle is also equipped with a TPMS fault light that comes on when the system is not working properly. The TPMS malfunction light is combined with the warning light for low tire pressure.
If the system detects a malfunction, the warning light flashes for about 1 minute and then lights up continuously. This sequence is continued the next time the vehicle is started as long as the malfunction is present.
If the TPMS Malfunction Light remains on after blinking for approximately 1 minute, the system may not be able to detect or display the low tire pressure as intended.
A malfunction of the TPMS system can occur for many different reasons, e.g. when replacing or changing tires or rims that are not suitable for the TPMS system and therefore impair the function of the system. Always check that the TPMS fault light comes on after you have changed one or more tires or wheels on your vehicle so that the TPMS works properly with the tires or rims installed.
Have the system checked by a specialist workshop in the following situations. Kia recommends visiting an authorized Kia dealer / service partner.
1. The low tire pressure warning light and TPMS malfunction light do not illuminate for 3 seconds after the ignition switch is turned to the ON position or the engine is running.
2. The TPMS Malfunction Light will remain on after blinking for approximately 1 minute.
3. The low tire pressure warning light remains on.
Low tire pressure warning lightLow Tire Pressure Indicator Light When the tire pressure monitoring system indicator lights illuminate and a warning message is displayed on the instrument cluster's LCD display, the ...
- What is brand security
- What do Americans think of instant noodles?
- How USAA Subscriber Accounts Work
- Why does toothpaste contain sweeteners
- What is Futurecraft Loop
- What is an autoscopy
- Is death really irreversible?
- What is a Boserup model
- How is nicotinic acid made
- How has radiology changed over the years
- The Oracle app is an up and coming stream today
- Is Tableau an enterprise BI system
- Still think about terraforming Mars
- Someone masturbates to himself
- What is atheism 3
- What is quantization
- How do I find my childhood crush
- Provides iUV with random anonymous phone calls
- How do I naturally get slim
- Was Kemal Atatuerk gay
- Are my parents too cautious 2
- Why is the DasCoin price not high
- Croatia cheated against England
- How can you calculate the CPI