I have a question about the workplace
Interview: the 7 most important questions
"Who are you?" "What can you?" "What do you want?" Credible answers to these questions are your ticket to the narrower circle of applicants for a job. Those who know the typical questions no longer have to fear job interviews. Well-considered and authentic answers increase the chances that you will find a company that suits you and your idea of a career.
An employer tries to evaluate an applicant according to four criteria:
- Does it make a valuable contribution to the company's success?
- Is he committed above average?
- Is he able to integrate and is he a team player?
- Does it fit the company and the corporate philosophy?
The person with the greatest self-confidence is not necessarily the applicant who best fits the advertised position. So you shouldn't try to disguise yourself in the conversation and waste your chances with inflated and artificial behavior.
1. Can you tell a little bit about yourself?
This question is the classic at the beginning of the interview in the application interview. The question is not a warm-up exercise, but a first opportunity to learn something from the applicant. Of course, what is told must match the facts that the HR manager knows from the application documents. The answer should summarize briefly and concisely (approx. 5 minutes) why it was a good idea to invite the applicant. If you want to rehearse your answer at home, you can orientate yourself on the points “I am”, “I can” and “I want”.
2. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Do you have any plans Are you reflective about your job? What are your ideas about a career? Do you have visions? And if so, how do they fit into the company? These are the thoughts of the recruiter when he asks you this question. Works convincingly when the goal is realistic. We are looking for motivated employees with whom a position can be filled on a long-term basis.
That works well as an answer:
- I want to take on more responsibility and manage my own projects
- I want to expand my knowledge and develop myself further
- I want to have a share in the company's success
3. Why are you exactly the right person for the job?
It's actually quite simple, what added value do you bring to the company? What qualifications do you have and what way of working do you have? The job advertisement usually already reveals what the company would like to have. If you have considered at home what your profile is, it is easier to highlight what is special about yourself. Spontaneous answers are often not convincing.
4. How do you deal with defeat?
Are you a fanatic or do you withdraw into your snail shell? The HR manager wants to find out with this question. Every biography is marked by ups and downs, victories and defeats. The decisive factor is always what conclusions you have drawn from a defeat.
5. Why do colleagues enjoy working with you?
How well can you assess yourself? As a general guideline for the answer, show that you value cooperative working relationships with your colleagues. Think about suitable examples from your previous career to underline your comments.
6. What do you think of your last employer?
This is a tricky question that the HR manager will use to draw conclusions about your future behavior. If you tell a stranger bad things about your last boss and advertise your former employer negatively, it shows that
- You will talk about your future boss in the same way later
- You do not keep internal company information to yourself
- No loyalty to the company can be expected from you
7. Do you have any further questions?
There is only one possible answer here. And that is: yes. If you don't have any questions, you quickly appear disinterested and uncommunicative. Conceivable questions are about the further process of the application, the work environment and the corporate culture.
But be careful, there are also stupid questions.
- It would not be smart, for example, to ask questions that can be easily answered with one click on the company website.
- Nor should you let your insecurity show through. So please don't ask if you made a good impression or what your chances are.
- How do I invest and earn automatically
- What is the importance of powder bleaching
- Is Jio phone durable
- How does care contribute to intelligence
- Does Facebook still use OpenTSDB
- What is homonymy What are some examples
- If we waste water, what will happen?
- Why are government bonds popular investments
- How heavy was the first console controller
- How is parking in Lexington KY
- Christmas is a popular holiday in Kenya
- What is the longest question about Quora
- How contagious is a viral infection
- What are the most underrated Mexican desserts
- Will ISIS reappear in 2020
- What things are 100 mindset
- Why is Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis a lung disease
- Why is the holding problem unsolvable
- Seamus X Dean is a canon
- Boris Johnson will step down shortly
- How do you declare variables
- Can someone interpret this dream for me
- Should a married man have to masturbate
- Can a lawyer provide legal advice
- Which log analysis tool do you recommend
- Which company created the new DBS Banks website
- What frustrates you most about Uber
- What are some applications of thermodynamics
- Why do dogs bite our clothes repeatedly?
- Why are seafood so luxurious in China?
- How is your atheist catholic marriage
- How does postmodernism affect science?
- What is a Stirling thermal engine
- Why can't radio waves be transmitted through water?