How can I contact John Terry
Farewell to the national team : John Terry no longer wants to play for England
Former captain John Terry has announced his resignation from the national team bitter and full of accusations against the English football association FA. "I feel that my position in the national team has become untenable after the FA took action against me in a trial in which I was acquitted by the court," said Terry - which the association immediately rejected. "I can not see why we should have made his position in the team untenable," said FA General Secretary Alex Horne the broadcaster "Sky".
One day before his hearing on the racism affair by the FA, the 31-year-old defender of Champions League winners Chelsea caused a moderate earthquake in English football. National coach Roy Hodgson reacted with concern. "Of course I'm disappointed that I'm losing a player like John with his international experience and exceptional skills," said the 65-year-old on Monday. He won't try to change Terry's mind. "I would have liked John to speak to me first, though," said Hodgson.
Terry's undoing was an argument in October 2011 when he allegedly insulted his opponent Anton Ferdinand of Chelsea's London local rival Queens Park Rangers on the pitch in a racist manner. The Westminster Magistral Court acquitted Terry of the criminal charges in July. But Anton Ferdinand refused Terry the mandatory handshake again on Saturday a week ago at the clash of the London clubs.
Terry's conclusion after almost ten years of the national team sounds bitter. “Playing for my country and leading the team, that's what I dreamed of when I was a little boy,” he said in his statement. “It was really a great honor for me.” The association had already removed the captain's armband from the central defender in February. Terry had only recently taken it over from the often injured Rio Ferdinand - the brother of the man he is said to have insulted. Because the decision of the association's superiors was probably not properly coordinated, national coach Fabio Capello resigned at the time.
As early as 2001, Terry, who was then only 20 years old from the rough East London district of Barking, caught the eye when he was drunk and harassed US tourists at Heathrow Airport - shortly after the events of September 11th. He was even arrested a year later after rioting in a bar. Shortly before the 2010 World Cup, he was suspended because he is said to have had an affair with the former girlfriend of his national team colleague Wayne Bridge. (dpa)
- What should be cherished most in life?
- What does microcomputer
- Can you crack a safe underwater
- What is NaN in C programming
- How different are you from Steve Jobs
- How to say hard in Indonesian
- How can I get more outstanding
- What if Robb Stark married Myrcella?
- Cerebral haemorrhage is fatal
- Can Catholics do yoga
- What kind of animal do you love
- What do you think of Prescription Xanax
- What was the good effect of the First World War
- What is the least intimidating predator
- Who discovered chloroplasts
- What are corporate video platforms
- What is aftercare
- Which companies hire financial analysts
- What are some tips for aspiring composers
- Where can we buy eggshell powder
- Bitcoin is the most widely used crypto currency
- What is a physical change
- What do you think of Uzbekistan
- Which TV series was stretched