What is 1 3 of 1
Reading time: 7 min
Fractions can be plotted on a number line. That means, we put a line where the value of the fraction (as a decimal number) is. Here are a few examples:
Enter fraction on the number line
For example, the fraction has the value. We look for this value on the number line and set the mark.
Put in a fraction and see how the marker position on the number line (as well as the circle) changes:
Draw a number line and remove thirds
We can independently mark a fraction on the number line. Let's choose the fractions of thirds as an example.
First we draw a number line (length for example) and enter the numbers (at the beginning) and (at the end).
Next we need to choose the spacing for the markers so that we can draw in the breaks correctly. Of the fractions are and. We already have these two (0 and 1). That means we need markers for and.
Hence we divide the distance from to in three equal routes one by placing two markers. If the route is long, then we have distances of. So we put a marker at and one at. Now we can enter and at the markers:
In addition, instead of and, we can write the fractions and, if we want:
Different fractions on the number line
The fractions on the number line are shown below:
Next, be sure to do the learning check: breaks in the number line to test your knowledge.
- When will the government legalize the ranch
- What are the different music youtube channels
- Short, intense cardio improves endurance
- Why is life so real
- How to register a company in India
- A tornado happened in Tamarac
- What is the technology stack behind Cricinfo
- What is keratinizing squamous cell carcinoma
- How is Aristotle related to evolution?
- What is 70 sodium hydroxide
- What is the official definition of literature
- How does Neil Armstrong contribute to space
- What is your rating of Localytics
- What are other examples of Boolean operators
- How do I hire a crystal healer
- How do I replace a door astragally
- How can snakes help us
- Meditation is self-love
- What is a pitch count in football
- What is the National Garden of Pakistan
- Where was surgery invented
- What are transverse and longitudinal sound waves
- Is love simple or complex
- When do the BDS universities start?
- Why are Google search suggestions so strange
- Who has more nuclear weapons Russia or America
- What's your most interesting ROTC experience
- How are playoff teams determined in MLB
- How was Lord Rama studying
- Is there anything bad about Buddhism?
- Why is compounding necessary in a turbine?
- Who is Lee Cooper
- Supports Dashlane EDGE
- System administration What is a cron job