Does not contribute CO2 to acid rain
Understand chemistry 4, textbook
A plus point for chemistry and the environment 3 Workbook page XX Workbook page 19 26 Pollutants in the air 2. What are the effects of air pollutants? Air pollutants are not only directly harmful to living things. They can also have a destructive influence on the earth's climate, ecological systems or buildings. 1. What are air pollutants? Air pollution is when the natural composition of the air is changed. If the introduced substances endanger the environment, these substances are referred to as air pollutants. Air pollutants can come from natural sources, e.g. volcanoes, natural gas storage, decomposition processes, forest fires. The sources of man-made air pollutants are industrial plants, thermal power plants and road traffic. Pollutant Formation Effect Carbon monoxide CO Incomplete combustion in engines (garage!) And heating systems Toxic, prevents oxygen transport in the blood Sulfur dioxide SO 2 Combustion of fuels containing sulfur (crude oil, coal, wood) forms sulfurous acid with water, main cause of acid rain, damages respiratory organs Methane CH 4 Factory farming, landfills, rice cultivation Greenhouse gas nitrogen oxides NO x eg NO, NO 2, N 2 O 4 During combustion processes, the nitrogen in the air is combined with oxygen. damage respiratory organs, ozone generator, NO 2 forms nitric acid with water (acid rain) Ozone O 3 is formed near the earth from O 2 and NO 2 when high energy is supplied (electrical discharges, UV light) damages respiratory organs, damage to plants nitrous oxide N 2 O nitrogen fertilization greenhouse gas, chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs, e.g. CF 2 Cl 2) cause ozone holes, coolants in old refrigerators (before 1995), propellants for foams greenhouse gas, ozone hole causes dust, smoke soot, mineral fibers (e.g. asbestos), rock dust, heavy metal oxides, ... fine dust (size <10 µm) penetrates the lungs, sometimes carcinogenic Earth's surface long-wave heat radiation (infrared) stratosphere mesosphere troposphere sun short-wave heat radiation CH 4, absorb the radiated heat from the earth. This means that there is an average temperature of +14 ° C. Too many greenhouse gases cause a higher temperature on earth! Stratosphere Troposphere 60 km 10 km 20 km 30 km 40 km 50 km Ozone layer UV-A UV-B Sun 26.2 Ozone hole formation: At an altitude of 15–50 km, ozone (O 3) forms (and decays) through the action of UV radiation on the oxygen in the air. Some pollutants (CFC, N 2 O) prevent the formation of O 3. The harmful UV radiation can then reach the ground. acid particle / gas precipitation acid rain acid snow emission NO x acid melt leaching of the soil water poisoning toxic Al 3+ ions CO 2 SO 2 26.3 acid rain: the exhaust gases CO 2, SO 2 and NO 2 form carbonic acid with water (H. 2 CO 3), sulphurous acid (H 2 SO 3) and nitric acid (HNO 3). The acid rain (or mist) has a damaging effect on plants and buildings and contributes to the acidification of water and soil. Film 3km9u9 For testing purposes only - Property of publisher öbv
Made with FlippingBookRkJQdWJsaXNoZXIy ODE3MDE =
- Is the office still fun
- Which teacher changed your life forever
- In which band is mobile communication used?
- What are the strengths of the ACE Academy
- Where can I order vaporizers for meth?
- Was there an Apollo 13
- Who loves to watch mystery movies and movies
- Why don't you enjoy studying mathematics?
- What if I'm really ugly
- Who is Daniel Ohanessian
- Can I restore photos without a backup?
- What are the wedding flowers in Hawaii
- What is Demi Lovato's most successful song
- Which is better Safeway or Fred Meyer
- How often do you overreact to situations
- The use of collagen preparations helps to strengthen the nails
- What is a b a b 12
- Which word is senior grade or grade
- How can I learn SDLC for free
- Are investors external stakeholders
- Citrus fruit improves your mental health
- What's your favorite Kendrick Lamar album
- Did Dolly Parton write all of her songs
- What does the inability to apologize mean?
- Is there hash code to decode anyway
- What does strange thinking mean
- Open-mindedness and intelligence are directly linked to one another
- I could be too nice
- Is the tech world sexist
- The size of the men is important
- What could Osho's IQ have been?
- Why do married women still wear makeup
- Is washing soda acidic or basic