What is a prokaryotic organism
A cell in the biological sense is the smallest living unit of an organism or organ. All living things are made up of cells. Living beings that consist of only one cell are called Unicellular organisms. This can be bacteria, fungi or algae. Multi-cell consist of several cells. There are estimates that a person from 30 trillion (30 * 1012) Cells.
Not all cells are created equal. Cells that contain a nucleus are called eukaryotic cells and the living beings that are made up of such cells are called Eukaryotes (also eukaryotes). Cells without a nucleus are prokaryotic cells and the organisms that consist of such cells are called Prokaryotes (also prokaryotes). Prokaryotes always consist of one cell, i.e. they are single-celled cells, while eukaryotes can be single-cell or multi-cellular.
The cell can be thought of as a balloon filled with water. Inside the balloon there is a second smaller balloon in eukaryotic cells, the Cell nucleus. This is where the DNA is located. Prokaryotes do not have a nucleus and the DNA is exposed in the cell.
Different tissues in a living being are made up of different cells. For example, your skin is made up of a different type of cell than your heart.
Plant and animal cells are both eukaryotic cells, but differ in their structure. Plant cells, for example, have a Cell wall. The cell wall protects the cell from bursting if too much water should penetrate. It also supports the cell. In addition, plant cells have Chloroplasts. Photosynthesis takes place here, i.e. the conversion of carbon dioxide from the air into sugar and oxygen with the help of sunlight. The sugar supplies the plants with energy. Animal cells do not have a cell wall. They also do not contain chloroplasts.
However, both plant and animal cells have Mitochondria. This is where cell respiration takes place, i.e. sugar is split and the released energy is used for the various cell functions.
The nucleus, chloroplasts and mitochondria are among the Cell organelles. Like organs in an organism, cell organelles fulfill various functions in the cell. Thanks to cell organelles, the cell can spatially separate various processes that could otherwise interfere with one another. Other cell organelles are the endoplasmic reticulum, the Golgi apparatus, the lysosomes, or the vacuole.
- Why is mysterious a subjective term
- How important is a diploma
- What is a good birthday present that is useful
- How did the dinosaurs turn into oil
- Are miracles wrong
- Is kota overrated for NEET preparation
- Why ATM cards come before cash
- What are some unknown examples of palindrome
- The 20th century was a world war
- Who are some prominent pastry chefs
- Which POS system does the iPad Pro support?
- Why did you do it
- What's your rating of Feedly
- What is the best cell phone within 5500
- Is there a Brazilian private military company?
- Can I make money with GlowForge?
- How did the Spanish Inquisition end
- How do bin files work
- Pay the police officers the insurance
- What is functionalist theory in relation to language
- Steroids should be allowed in MLB
- What is x if 3x 11
- Has Meghan Markle left her family
- How forgiving is NYU regarding SAT results