Is all better than DLP
Which is better: DLP or LCD projector?
Projectors have found many fans in recent years, both in professional and private use. When making a purchase decision for a certain device, people are always asked about the technology. Is it better to buy a device with LCD technology or is it preferable to use DLP technology? There is no general answer to this question in one direction. It depends on.
Basics of LCD and DLP technology
Characteristics of the LCD technology
LCD projectors work with liquid crystals.
Good devices have a separate crystal for each basic color - i.e. three pieces.
- + Small and light - mobile use
- + Relatively inexpensive
- + Sharp pixel delimitation - good for text and graphics
- - “Fly screen effect” - worse with films
- - Pictures often follow suit
- - Loud fan
- - High wear with color accuracy - not so durable
- - Sensitive to dust and smoke
- - Image components can be burned in
- - Black levels and contrasts are not always convincing
Learn more about LCD projectors
Current LCD projectors in the test
Properties of the DLP technology
The smallest mirrors can be found in DLP projectors, which are specifically controlled. The colors are achieved by a color wheel that rotates.
- + No dragging of the image due to high speed
- + High contrast and good black level
- + Quite durable
- - Loud noise generated by the fan and the color wheel
- - Colors are not always very natural if they are fundamentally true to color
- - So-called rainbow effects at low revolutions of the color wheel
- - Flicker effects are not always excluded
Learn more about DLP projectors
The LCoS technology - crystals that also work with mirrors - in a certain way combines components of LCD and DLP technology, and makes the crystal technology suitable for films.
Learn more about DLP projectors
Current DLP projectors being tested
Whether it should be an LCD or DLP device depends on the intended use. LCD projectors are very convincing in the presentation area. They are transportable and mobile. For the home theater it should be more of a DLP device because the contrast values are better.
However, it has to be said that both technologies have converged strongly in recent years, as manufacturers continue to improve the basic technologies and compensate for known weaknesses with new technology.
- Where can I find swimming pool accessories
- How useful is Cuemath
- Who killed Zoran Djindjic
- Are feminine hygiene products safe
- How we benefit from reading literary works
- Who were some exceptionally talented children
- What is durum wheat and common wheat
- What's the best Nirvana album
- Eat less is better than fasting
- What is CVE 2019 3568 in WhatsApp
- How does my accent affect my personality?
- How do you live in the present
- What are the functions of an MF
- Which IT company uses the backpack algorithm?
- Do the CW a BatWoman show
- Where is Coimbatore
- Have you ever felt hurt?
- Why do luxury cars lose value so quickly?
- What is being mined in Jordan
- Is Yurbi a good BI tool
- Is Arvind Kejriwal an honest man
- Why is Trumbo R rare
- Are BPO jobs available on Shine Com
- Which meat is safe to eat raw?