How many pints are in 1 gallon
English volume units
In the English-speaking part of the world it is common to use the old units instead of liters.
This system of units is not impractical and deserves to be given a page of its own. The basic measure of this system of units is the gallon (gallon). As is customary with ancient units of measurement, there were many local variants of the gallon and two units have survived to this day. The British gallon (imperial gallon) is a little more than four and a half liters. The American gallon holds about 3.8 liters significantly less.
The units derived from the gallon are simply called a quarter gallon quart, and an eighth of a gallon that pint (pronounced Peint). So if you are invited for a pint of beer (beer, ale, stout), you will get a little less in America and a little more than half a liter in Great Britain. A quart is a little more or less than a liter. (Incidentally, the name quark of the elementary particle is probably related to the unit quart.)
Pharmacies and perfumeries aren't that interested in pints and gallons. You need a smaller measure here. The liquid ounce (fluid ounce) contains a little more than 28 ml in the United Kingdom and a little less than 30 ml in America. Twenty British fluid ounces are thus one British pint. In America, on the other hand, you only need sixteen fluid ounces for a pint. So at least the liquid ounce in America is bigger.
In international trade, even the gallon is too small a unit. Here you work with standard barrels. In the UK there are 36 gallons on a barrel that holds almost 164 liters. The American barrel is only about 119 liters, or 31.5 gallons. However, these dimensions do not relate to petroleum. The oil barrel, the blue barrel, holds almost 159 liters and is equivalent to 42 American and almost exactly 35 British gallons. So this is where the two systems meet.
Overview of the English volume units
- A gallon holds 4.54 liters (Great Britain) or 3.78 liters (America).
- A quart is a quarter gallon.
- A pint is an eighth of a gallon.
- A British barrel are 36 gallons.
- An American one barrel are 31.5 gallons.
- A blue barrel for crude oil it is 42 american gallons or 35 british gallons.
- A Register bin are 100 cubic feet
There is also a page for converting these and other volume units.
© 1999-2020 Joachim Schulz - Only real on www.Quantenwelt.de
Last change: December 9th, 2006
- Can I marry Krishna as a boy
- Are length and height measured differently
- What's your rating of Anonymous Hackers
- May Iranian women Scandinavian men
- What companies use cucumber for BDD
- What makes a sponge so absorbent?
- What is the philosophy of biology
- How do I go about DNS tunneling?
- Why the caste system only exists in India
- Which fruit name starts with GOOS
- What was the first ad from Amazon
- What should be the best style of teaching
- You can use Wi-Fi abroad
- What is a good distraction
- What causes small bumps on the labia
- You can use sublimation printing on cotton
- You should sleep with hair wax
- Germany has gangs
- What is a superfecta in horse racing
- Where can I find raccoons
- What is a wind turbine
- Which processor is the latest for laptops
- Is the consciousness thermodynamically favorable?
- Who is the bird of prey