Can a brain chip help Alzheimer's
Elon Musk: Tech company Neuralink aims to cure autism and Alzheimer's
Youtube / Lex Fridman
- The head of Tesla and SpaceX, Elon Musk, was a guest on the podcast "Artifical Intelligence" by Lex Fridman. They talked about Musk's neurotechnology company Neuralink, which is planning to implant chips in the human brain.
- Musk said he believed Neuralink "will solve many brain-related diseases," citing schizophrenia and autism as examples. Autism is not a disease.
- Musk has spoken in the past that Neuralink has the potential to treat neurological conditions like Parkinson's and Alzheimer's.
- More articles at Business Insider.
Elon Musk believes that his neurotechnology company Neuralink could "eliminate" schizophrenia and autism in the future.
Musk was a guest on the podcast "Artificial Intelligence" - where experts and entrepreneurs talk about the topic of Artificial Intelligence (AI) - by Lex Fridman. The Tesla boss was asked what he thinks will be the most exciting implications for his Neuralink company.
Neuralink's goal is to develop an AI-enabled chip that can be implanted into a person's brain, where it can both sense brain activity and potentially stimulate it.
Neuralink is said to be the solution for brain-related diseases
“I think Neuralink will initially solve many brain-related diseases. For example, this could be anything from autism to schizophrenia to memory loss - everyone experiences memory loss at a certain age. Parents can't remember their children's names and the like, ”Musk replied.
It was not clear what Musk meant by "solving" autism as it is not a disease but a developmental disorder.
"Autism is not a disease and cannot be" cured ". People often have the feeling that autism is a fundamental aspect of their identity, ”according to the British organization National Autistic Society. The World Health Organization describes schizophrenia as a "severe mental disorder".
Company presents preliminary design of its brain chip
Musk founded Neuralink in 2016. In the early years of its existence, the company was relatively mysterious.
This year, the company was a little more open: it released an informational report last July about its design for a brain chip. Elon Musk is happy to announce that the company has begun animal testing on monkeys.
Musk's goal is to connect human consciousness with AI
Musk had previously mentioned that the technology could be used to treat neurological diseases such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. He also told Fridman that it could "fix severe damage to the brain or spinal cord." But his ultimate goal is to merge human consciousness with AI.
“Neuralink aims to address the existential risk that comes with digital superintelligence. We won't be able to be smarter than a digital supercomputer, so if you can't defeat them, join them, ”Musk told Fridman.
This article was translated from English by Claudia Saatz. You can read the original here and hear the interview in the podcast here.
- When did Trump win the elections?
- Why do people love Toyota
- A hospital can issue sickness certificates
- How can I start a C program
- Is the floating point math broken
- How is Guangzhou in summer
- How important are internships for the internship
- Why doesn't my dryer start?
- How do I avoid emotional overeating
- Have you ever hugged your customer
- Which wood is used for a crucifix?
- What is a good distraction
- What makes Pepto Bismol pink
- What are other examples of Boolean operators
- Are infatuation and love mutually exclusive
- Will the Dow crash below 10,000?
- How do celebrities maintain their slim figure?
- What are the pros and cons of BBQ
- What is special about Ubud
- How does it feel to swallow sperm
- How do perceptions change
- What's new in Microsoft Office 2019
- What is the best 4k DSLR camera
- What is an unfolding layer