Slows down Kaspersky booting
Kaspersky slow? Optimize, make faster & accelerate
After installation, Kaspersky Internet Security may be very slow on some PCs and slow the system down a lot. In the following I would like to describe how to optimize Kaspersky Internet Security on an older laptop, PC or a weaker netbook so that the system runs faster and smoother.
In order for Kaspersky Internet Security Suite to run faster and more smoothly, you have to set the security level from normal to low under Settings / File Anti-Virus, which is detrimental to security. (See image)
In my opinion, if you leave the default settings of Kaspersky Internet Security Mail Anti-Virus and Web Anti-Virus to “Normal”, you can live with the problem of lower security with File Anti-Virus. The vast majority of them will probably catch a virus via the web and that is what the Web Anti-Virus is for, in my opinion, which scans much earlier than the File Anti-Virus. So why should you scan the data twice? As I said, this option is at the expense of security and if you can live with the fact that it is a little less security, you will notice that Kaspersky Internet Security is no longer so slow and no longer slows you down.
If the system often reaches its limits, like with a netbook and the CPU load often goes towards 100%, you should check Settings / Advanced Settings under Compatibility, the function “Release resources for other programs”. This function is useful when Kaspersky Internet Security or Kaspersky Antivirus is putting a heavy load on the computer and thus slowing down other programs, for example during virus scans.
If you don't work with USB sticks or only use your own USB stick, you can change the function “Examine removable media when connected” under Settings / Examination. I switched from “Ask for action” to “Quick investigation” since I almost only use my own USB sticks and SD cards, I'm almost certain that I won't have a virus there. If you are quite sure, you can also use "Do not scan" there, but you have to know that there is no virus scan and where possible a virus, trojan, etc. can lurk.
I am also happy to use the Settings / Advanced Settings "Threats and Exceptions" function. Exceptions, i.e. programs, directories or entire partitions, can be excluded there. These programs, directories or entire partitions are then excluded from the entire Security Suite or from the set module, i.e. not checked. Of course you will notice that because the Kaspersky Suite will then be much faster.
As you can see, Kaspersky has built in a couple of functions with which you can accelerate Kaspersky, you just have to consider that various changes to the standard configuration are at the expense of security. Often you can increase the performance through various functions so that Kaspersky Internet Security or Kaspersky Antivirus work faster on older laptops, PCs or a weaker netbook, the system does not slow down so much and the system runs more smoothly.
- Rickon is the saddest Stark story
- How can I make running more interesting
- Are we all delusional narcissists
- Can the media speak to my dead dog
- What is a cross-platform framework
- What does request for a comprehensive assessment mean?
- What is a recommended happy anime
- What was is original righteousness
- What is the topic in these sentences
- Concentrates a side effect whey protein
- Which location is best for SAP MM
- What is your sister doing
- What is the legal discourse
- Why does the fog smell
- Do the people of Madhya Pradesh know Hindi
- Have a Dutch stove
- Why can't Americans become K-pop stars?
- In which county is the Villanova University located
- How about a Quora meeting in Udaipur
- What are graves in the First World War
- What is the full form of CS
- What makes the life of the teacher so difficult
- What is Demi Lovato's most successful song
- How has radiology changed over the years
- What problems arise from regional inequality
- What are the criticisms of theism
- All time is a word
- Sells Safeway Genuardis Markets
- What is 70 sodium hydroxide
- Are thunderstorms synonymous with lighting
- Who invented the mohawk?
- Can light move very small objects
- How do INFJs deal with existential fear