How many cities have underground trains in the UK?
on the way 4, textbook
22 Welcome! Red telephone booths, red double-decker buses, days of rain and fog connect London. This metropolis is the capital of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. This island nation is made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. London is a major financial, commercial and administrative center. The financial heart of Europe beats in the “City of London”. Many banks, insurance companies and industrial companies are based there. Several million tourists visit the city every year. London is a magnet for many immigrants from all over the world, especially from the former British colonies. That is why the number of inhabitants is increasing every day. Such an explosion in the population also creates problems. Daily traffic jams, smog, too few apartments and expensive rents are just some of them. Therefore, relief cities were established around London. Bienvenue! The symbol of the French capital is the Eiffel Tower. Paris is the economic center and the administrative center of the country. Many multinational corporations have settled in the city. As an attractive business location, Paris is very attractive. Service companies, especially financial firms and banks, are based in Paris. There are many luxury goods on offer: expensive designer fashion, perfumes and jewelry. Many people also migrate to the capital Paris. They come mainly from the French colonies. Living in Paris is expensive. There was sufficient space in the area around Paris for both the immigrants and the growing companies. If you want to drive to the center of Paris, you have to expect traffic jams. High-speed trains (TGV) connect Paris with major cities. A B 1. Find similarities between London and Paris. Underline them in texts A and B. 2. Match the photos in 3 with L for London and P for Paris. The city information in 3 will help you. 3. Process 2 according to the method "Interpreting climate diagrams" on page 89. 4. "Big cities have advantages and disadvantages". Give reasons for this statement. Use the texts A, B and 4 for this. Decide for yourself if you want to live in a big city and give reasons. Work according to the method “making decisions” on page 91. Tasks Film 7i8ni7 London and Paris - world cities Stereotypes of London 1 London / Great Britain (59 m) 9.5 ° C 754 mm Climate diagram 2 Administrative center: there are many offices and authorities such as ministries, courts, urban planning offices ... Clichés are superficial ideas or prejudices about people or countries. The word smog comes from English and is a combination of the words smoke and fog. Briefly explained The underground in London is called Underground. Colloquially it is called a tube. The London underground network is the oldest and longest in the world. In Paris, the metro is called the metro. You know ... For testing purposes only - owned by the publisher öbv
Made with FlippingBookRkJQdWJsaXNoZXIy ODE3MDE =
- How can I look healthy again?
- How do you manage your busy life
- Energy and matter are inextricably linked
- What are the pros and cons of BBQ
- Why is television crap
- What is customer database in marketing
- Is aircraft maintenance technology good for girls
- What is your favorite Rubenesque painting?
- Which British low-cost airline will close next?
- What should I call my chocolate
- When will the iPhone 6 be released?
- Is the film The Martian possible
- Is an apple good for your health?
- Why do we need case studies
- How is a communication satellite used
- What makes you hate LinkedIn
- What does LPM mean in the engine
- Why wasn't investment banking disrupted?
- Who gets swollen ankles
- How can I sell my artwork 1
- Why do people lie about success
- How can marriage destroy someone
- Does Epithalon work
- Should humanity purposely ignore religion