What is language criticism
Language criticism (German)
Part of speech: noun, (Female)Hyphenation:
- Language | criticality, Plural: Language problems
- IPA: [ˈƩpʁaːxkʁiˌtiːk]
- 1) Linguistics: critical examination of the language (= the language system) and its possibilities as well as the use of language
- 2) Language philosophy: Critique of the use of language as logically inadequate
- Determinative compound from the root of the word language and criticism
- 1) Criticism of use of language, criticism of style
- 1) The Language criticism can show that certain possibilities of expression are missing in a language; In German, for example, there is no generally accepted expression for the state of "not thirsty", which would correspond to "full" (= not hungry).
- 1) The Language criticism feminist linguistics consisted in the accusation that women did not appear on an equal footing in terms of language.
- 1) Language criticism can also deal in the sense of style criticism with whether certain expressions are suitable for reaching the recipients of the messages in question.
- 1) “The purpose of this very personal introduction was to arouse your curiosity about all the questions that will be the focus of the following chapters: what Language criticism is and wants; who Language criticism operates, and how it is operated; what, like popular style theory, it strives for theoretically and achieves in practice; what linguistics thinks of style criticism; how she takes it lightly and at the same time struggles with it; In general, how this relates to that, how that relates to this. "
- 1) “The terms Language criticism and “style criticism” therefore no longer designate extremes: in one case the activity of the critic who only has the criticism of language (as a system) in mind; on the other hand that of the one who intends nothing but the criticism of the individual example (parole). "
- 1) “So he wants to get away from the Language criticism distance from a Sebastian Sick who is struggling with linguistic missteps of all kinds. "
- 1) “Granted, this blatant juxtaposition was exaggerated; nevertheless it makes the disproportion between Language criticism and linguistics clearly. "
- 2) About Wittgenstein: “The main task of philosophy remains Language criticism, namely as "the fight against the bewitching of our intellect through the means of our language" ... "
- 2) About Wittgenstein: “He wrote the sentence:“ All philosophy is Language criticism«(Tractatus, 4.0031), which alone is enough to secure his interest in linguistics."
- 1) Language critic, language criticism
- Nominative: singular Language criticism; Plural Language criticism
- Genitive: singular Language criticism; Plural Language criticism
- Dative: singular Language criticism; Plural Language criticism
- Accusative: singular Language criticism; Plural Language criticism
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„That was a mistake I cannot avoid admitting by going down to the level of the Language criticism change.“
Meedia, September 07, 2018
„Unlike conservatives Language critics claims that people could very well differentiate on Facebook & Co.“
t-online, March 10, 2019
„DARMSTADT (dpa-AFX) - 'Darmstädter Echo' on the bad word: 'There is now so much unspeakable in the debate that the annual intervention of the Language critic seems more important than ever since its premiere in the early nineties.“
BÖRSE ONLINE, January 16, 2019
„A linguist breaks a lance for social media: unlike that of conservatives Language critics claims that people could also be on Facebook & Co.“
stern.de, March 10, 2019
„The initiators of the writing are the writer Monika Maron, the Language critic Wolf Schneider, the former president of the German Teachers' Association, Josef Kraus, and VDS chairman Walter Krämer.“
Young Freedom, March 7th, 2019
„But that is not insignificant because Language criticism is always social criticism.“
Welt.de, January 19, 2020
„News from the Language criticism: In the sea of many contradictions, where is time and meaning, where have they gone, where have they gone?“
TAZ, July 14, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Entries from our dictionary containing "language criticism":
language: ... feeling for language, language power, language fluency, language glosses, language guardian, language sound, language criticism, language culture, language art, language control, language loyalty, language manipulation ...
new German:… Examples of use: 1) In music there is a term used as a neo-German school. 2) In language criticism, new German is often used as an addition to linguistic innovations in order to ...
Voice guidance: ... from the root of the word language and control Subordinate terms: 1) Language policy, language criticism, language manipulation, language planning, language policy, language purism ...
Linguistic purism: "The independence of language purism from general language criticism is also evident from the fact that the common predecessor word of 'language criticism' 'was used before the 19th century
AküSpra: "In language criticism there is a generally unjustified critical attitude towards the use of abbreviations (AküSpra)."
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Language criticism" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (May 24th, 2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Sprachkritik/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "language criticism" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Language criticism (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Sprach | kri | ti | ken Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Language critic (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular language critic; Plural language critic genitive: ...
Language critics (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Sprach | kri | ti | kern Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Language critic (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Sprach | kri | ti | kers Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Language culture (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular language culture; Plural language cultures genitive: ...
Language cultures (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Sprach | kul | tu | ren Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Language art (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular language art; Plural language arts genitive: ...
Language course (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular language course; Plural language courses genitive: singular ...
Language courses (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Variant Forms: Dative Singular: Language Course Hyphenation: Sprach | kur | se…
Language courses (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Sprach | kur | sen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Language course (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Sprach | kur | ses Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Language arts (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Sprach | küns | te Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
- How is the Sphinx dated
- How good is Sennheiser HD 558
- Who is eliza
- What is the 1st class engineering salary
- What is the eligibility for physiotherapy
- Why everything is always trying to kill us
- SMS send jobs
- Why are some nights darker than others
- Why did atoms create molecules?
- As Facebook likes, the posts increase
- Which galaxy does Alpha Centauri belong to
- How to diagnose a narcissist
- What is an evocative description
- How do I go about DNS tunneling?
- When was Kobe Bryant in his heyday
- Is the personality given at birth
- What are the nutritional benefits of nuts
- What do different wavelengths of light mean?
- Will TechCrunch TV be any good
- Does the salt pregnancy actually work?
- Fred Trump illegally obtained US citizenship
- How to fill out tax forms
- How are the prices for novels calculated
- What does 10 10 10 equal