How is Freshman Housing at Kean University
Assistant Professor / Lecturer in Interior Design
About Wenzhou-Kean University
Wenzhou-Kean University (WKU), located in Wenzhou, China, one of three Sino-American universities along with NYU Shanghai and Duke Kunshan University, is approved by the Ministry of Education of China. Launched in 2012, WKU offers a unique model of higher education in partnership with Kean University, a comprehensive, public university in the state of New Jersey that is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. WKU sits on approximately 500 beautiful acres and currently enrolls 2,900 undergraduate students, and it is now in the midst of a rapid growth that will bring enrollment to 7,000 students within the next five years. All instruction is in English and all curriculum is provided by Kean University. In addition to its current 18 undergraduate programs, WKU has been approved by the Ministry of Education for offering 8 Master’s and 3 doctorate programs. Wenzhou is one of the most vibrant and economically advanced developed cities on China’s East Coast, located one hour by plane and just over three hours by high-speed train from Shanghai.
Wenzhou-Kean University currently offers the following degree programs: Doctor of Educational Leadership (Ed.D.), Biotechnology Science (MS), Computer Information Systems (MS), Instruction and Curriculum (MA), Global Management (MBA), and Architecture (M.Arch.), Finance (BS); Accounting (with emphasis on international standards and practices) (B.S.); Global Business (B.S.); Marketing (B.S.); Management (Entrepreneurship Option and Supply Chain Management Option) (B.S.); Economics (B.S.); Graphic Design (B.F.A.); Interior Design (B.F.A); Industrial Design (B.I.D.); Architectural Studies (B.A.); Computer Science (B.S.); Mathematics (Data Analytics Option) (B.A.); Biology / Cellular & Molecular (B.S.); Environmental Science (B.S.); English in Global Settings (B.A.); Psychology (B.A.); and Communication (Public Relations option) (B.A.). In addition, Wenzhou-Kean has a substantial commitment to the teaching of ESL / EFL.
About the job:
College of Architecture & Design at WKU is seeking vibrant candidates to teach undergraduate studio and lecture courses within the professional interior design program with experience in one or more of the following: spatial planning, 3D representation and technologies, occupant experience, furniture history and design; knowledge of sustainability is preferred. In addition to teaching and research, faculty are expected to devote non-teaching hours to advising and providing other support services to students, primarily career mentorship and placement. The ideal candidate will contribute intellectually to the formation of this professional program by developing research and / or creative scholarship that may include refereed publications, competitive creative work, scholarly presentations and sponsored projects appropriate to an assistant academic level; participating in innovative teaching and curriculum development; and actively engaging in professional organizations.
All faculty positions are full-time assignments, effective for the start of the fall 2021 semester.
A tenure-track Assistant Professor is a full time, 10-month employee who teaches 24 credits per academic year (course release is available for grant proposal development and other substantial research initiatives). Candidate will be expected to participate in the full range of faculty responsibilities, including high quality teaching, research, advising; student learning support; service to the university and / or professional community. Tenure-track appointment requires publications in internationally recognized and vigorously peer-reviewed journals on interior design or other closely related subjects.
A Lecturer is a full-time, 12-month employee who teaches 39 credits per year and provides student and learning support services during the assigned period. Lecturers will be expected to provide high quality teaching, student advisement, learning support services, and service to the university / college / school / program and / or professional community; and perform related work as required. Lecturer positions are non-tenure track and may be renewed on an annual basis.
Teaching assignments and related responsibilities may include day, evening, weekend and online courses. Interest or experience in using advanced instructional technologies to improve the teaching / learning process is highly desirable. All faculty may be required to teach General Education courses as needed. Opportunities are also available to teach disciplinary support courses. Candidates with an interest in teaching across disciplines are encouraged to apply.
A terminal degree is required for tenure-track positions in Design and Architecture. Equivalent professional experience may be considered to substitute for a Master’s degree as determined by the University. Candidate must have a proven record of professional work and / or academic scholarship. A minimum of one year of teaching experience at the post-secondary level and English fluency are required for all positions.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled. Please send cover letter, portfolio, resume, statement of teaching philosophy, research and creative work statement describing research and creative work interest, past accomplishments, awards, exhibits, and design projects, unofficial transcripts and contact information of three professional references by email to Search Committee Chairperson at [email protected] Official transcripts for all degrees and three current letters of recommendation are required before appointment.
Faculty positions at WKU offer:
- Annual salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience with the range from $ 62,000- $ 68,000 for lecturers; $ 66,000- $ 75,000 for Assistant Professors. Salary of extraordinary candidates shall be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- A well-rounded healthcare coverage of Cigna, academic travel up to $ 2,000, housing options and subsidy up to $ 3,000, home traveling up to $ 6,000 (2 international round-trip airfares), a reimbursement to cover relocation expenses up to $ 1,000, shuttle bus to campus for work, and up to 8% front-load retirement benefits within accordance with completion of years of service with the University.
- WKU tuition waiver up to 80% for spouse / dependent children of faculty, and tuition discount of private / international kindergarten, elementary, middle and high schools for children of faculty.
- A collegial environment.
- The opportunity to teach high quality students with more than 60% graduates being admitted to the graduate schools at Top 100 Universities in the world.
Wenzhou-Kean University conducts background screenings on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third-party administrator to conduct background screenings.More
29 JOBS FROM THIS EMPLOYER
- How do I learn probability from scratch
- Why do we have this minus sign
- How do cats brush their teeth?
- What is the English word for Abhiman
- What does an alternative practitioner do
- Who named the volcanoes in Ethiopia
- Game of Thrones is a feminist series
- Fought women in World War I.
- What is the term computer
- How Instagram offers unique marketing opportunities
- How to get product design cheap
- Who is the warrior in Mahabharata
- How is the structure of ethyl alcohol
- What is the most overrated vacation
- What software is required to run games
- Can we share paid apps with friends
- What do people deserve
- Sufjan Stevens walks past Suffy
- What causes knee pain and numbness
- Are English and Scottish pounds the same?
- What is Bayesian Sufficiency
- Which television actress is well educated
- Are black conservatives smarter than black liberals
- Why were reptiles successful