Boris Johnson lacks a moral compass
VAA newsletter –output July 2018
What drives these politicians who accept long-term damage to their parties, the political system and ultimately society as a whole in favor of short-term success in the form of preliminary approval from their own electorate? Neither Donald Trump, Boris Johnson or Horst Seehofer lack the intelligence to recognize the consequences of their actions. The only explanation that remains is a tough opportunism as a decisive decision-making compass.
In the business world, decision-makers have been assuming this opportunistic attitude for a long time, and attempts have been made to dampen the post-me-the-deluge attitude by means of incentive systems that are in part linked to long-term corporate success. Such mechanisms are largely absent in politics. Here the moral compass has to be standardized by the public approval and voting behavior of the population, which is not easy.
The high approval ratings for Donald Trump so far suggest that this lever either no longer works in the USA or is not yet effective. Because the presumably profound negative consequences of his political dealings for the USA could occur faster than expected in the highly globalized world economy. We will know on election day, October 14th, whether Horst Seehofer's calculation will work out to better position the CSU for the Bavarian state elections in autumn through his ruthless actions at the federal level.
Gerhard Kronisch, Chief Executive of the VAA
- Most people are autistic
- Did Theon deserve it or not
- Is not competitive inhibition allosteric
- Why is Haridwar a holy place
- Why does the YouTube video keep buffing
- What is DoorDash
- What do Russians think of Arthur Tomaszewicz
- Are wolves water dogs
- How to Lose Belly Fat Faster
- What is the purpose of binary
- Space battles are possible
- Cooking apples can make you sick
- Can I trust Imarticus
- Who is the father of computer science
- When do you use LogNormal returns
- Are there floating prisons in real life?
- Is love just another form of want
- Why should you use a solar cooker
- Why do children like to watch cartoons
- How scientific are social sciences
- Is anarchism a good idea
- Is a restricted TLD for us
- I could punch through a window
- What is a preparatory conference 1