Most hearing aid sellers are audiologists
Find a hearing care professional near you
Are you looking for help with hearing loss or to check your hearing? Do you need audiological support? Or would you like to know where you can get a hearing aid? We can help you find a hearing care professional near you.
Find a hearing care professional
- In the drop-down menu, indicate what type of hearing solution you are looking for (e.g. hearing solutions in general, with Lyric certification or remote support).
- Enter your zip code. Hearing care professionals in your area will appear on the map.
- Choose a hearing care professional. Use the hearing care store contact information to make an appointment.
When you've made an appointment with a hearing care professional, you're already on your way to better hearing. Of course, it starts with an investigation. Your hearing care professional can test your hearing to help you if you have hearing loss.
This is followed by an individual consultation to find the best hearing solution for you. When you buy a Phonak hearing aid from a specialist store, the hearing care professional will adjust and configure the hearing aid to suit your individual hearing needs. He can also help you repair your Phonak hearing aids.
Making an appointment with a hearing care professional and having your hearing examined is the first step towards better hearing. No matter how severe your hearing loss is: Phonak offers a wide range of hearing solutions to give you an optimal hearing experience again.
Phonak works with world-class, qualified hearing care professionals around the world. You can get general advice on hearing health from Phonak partners, take a hearing test and try out the latest hearing aids and accessories.
Use the form below to find a hearing care professional near you.
Find a hearing care professional near you
Find a hearing care professional
Search for hearing care professionals in Germany
- Lyric provider
- Green partner
- Remote support
Why should you contact a professional hearing care professional?
Once you have found a hearing care professional and made an appointment, there are many reasons to work with them. He can also support you with other audiological services, such as:
- Remove excess wax: Ear wax is usually useful because it is self-cleaning, protects the ear and keeps the ear canal moist. However, sometimes the body produces too much of it. Your hearing care professional can help you safely remove excess wax. Never try to clean the ear canal yourself with a cotton swab. Doing so could damage your ear.
- Consultation: A hearing care professional can perform both hearing tests and a physical exam to find out the specific causes of your hearing loss and how best to treat them.
- Advice on hearing protection: Not only can you get a hearing aid from a hearing care professional, you can also get advice on a wide range of hearing protection products. These include foam earbuds, solid earbuds, earbuds for musicians, and even noise-canceling earmuffs. The specialist can also take into account the environment in which you would need to wear hearing protection in order to recommend the type that is right for you.
- Help with tinnitus: Do you have ringing, buzzing, or whistling in your ears that only you can hear? This ringing in the ears or ringing in the ear is known as tinnitus. It is not a disease but a symptom of an underlying health problem. A hearing care professional can help with various tinnitus treatments.
If any of the above concerns you, we'd love to help you find a hearing care professional today. They can then advise you on the optimal audiological care for you.
How will your visit to the hearing care professional be a success?
The first step has been taken - you have found a hearing care professional and information about audiological care. Here are some tips that will make your visit to the hearing care professional a successful one:
- Bring a family member or friend to the appointment. The people around you share the experience of your hearing loss. They may also be able to provide important information that you do not have, as people with hearing loss are sometimes unaware of what they are missing out on.
Your companion can also help by asking questions you may not have thought of. The hearing care professional can also involve the person close to you to help you get used to a hearing aid if you need one.
- Offers the full range of hearing tests. This includes speech recognition tests and possibly an understanding test in background noise. If you make an appointment by phone, you can also use the opportunity to ask which tests will be carried out. Or you can inquire about it when you fill out the admission form at reception.
- Obtain experience. Talk to friends who are happy with their hearing aids and hearing care. Read online reviews such as B. on Facebook, Google Business and Yelp and ask your doctors. Also, many hearing care professionals have customer testimonials on their websites that provide additional information.
- Ask about in-situ equipment (real ear) to optimally test your hearing aids. This includes all current and future hearing aids. In-situ measurements ensure that the hearing aids provide the correct gain for your ears and your hearing loss.
- Build up trust. Hearing care professionals love helping people regain their hearing. That is usually the reason why they chose this profession. Feel free to ask him why he values his work and how he wants to accompany you on your way to better hearing.
Finding a hearing care professional - one to guide you along your journey - means that you will be working with someone who will take the time to learn about your needs, your lifestyle, and understand the reasons for wanting treatment for your hearing loss .
Why is it important to get treatment for hearing loss?
Many people with untreated hearing loss have problems communicating, in their social life or at work, and an overall poorer quality of life. However, because hearing loss is usually gradual, many people do not notice how it is limiting. In addition, many people with untreated hearing loss believe that they “hear enough” because they can hear certain sounds.
Finding a hearing care professional who can check your hearing and provide audiological care is important for several reasons.
- Hearing loss and other health problems
Studies show a link between untreated hearing loss and other health problems, such as:
• Cognitive degradation: If the auditory perception is difficult, e.g. For example, hearing loss requires more cognitive resources to be devoted to auditory processing, which is likely to affect other areas, such as working memory. An acceleration of cognitive decline by 30% to 40% has been shown in people with hearing loss1.
• Depression: Many people with untreated hearing loss fear not understanding properly in a noisy place, feel embarrassed when asked to repeat what they have said, and feel uncomfortable because they cannot always respond appropriately in conversation. All of which can lead to anxiety, social isolation, depression, and other mental health problems. A study by the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD) found that more than 11% of the hearing impaired also suffered from depression, compared with just 5% in the general population2.
• Increased tendency to fall: People with a hearing loss of at least 25 dB are three times more likely to fall. And for every 10 dB increase in hearing loss, the probability of a fall increases 1.4 times3. One possible explanation for this association is that people who cannot hear well may have a lower perception of their entire surroundings, making tripping and falling more likely.
- The cost of hearing loss
Untreated hearing loss can also come at a cost. In the United States alone, the cost of untreated hearing loss is $ 133 billion each year4. That's about 9,100 USD per person. Another study found that untreated hearing loss can create additional health problems, leading to more hospital stays and higher health care costs. It calculated a 46% ($ 22,434) increase in total healthcare costs over a ten year period associated with untreated hearing loss4.
According to a study by the Better Hearing Institute, people with untreated hearing loss lose up to $ 30,000 in income annually, depending on their degree of hearing loss. In the same study, it was shown that the use of hearing aids reduced the risk of income loss for people with mild hearing loss by 90 to 100% and for people with profound to moderate hearing loss by 65 to 77%5.
- Loss of participation
In addition to entertainment, information, and pastime, television provides most of the elderly with a feeling of being connected to the world. However, watching TV is also the first activity mentioned when it comes to hearing loss impairment6. And just turning up the volume isn't always the best solution.
With just a few clicks, you can get help on all aspects of your hearing loss. Find a hearing care professional near you who can help you discover what good hearing can mean for you and your family.
What does good hearing mean?
If you take this first step and are looking for a hearing care professional to have your hearing checked, you are well on your way to discovering a hearing solution. What can that mean for you? It can mean higher quality of life and the following benefits.
- Less fatigue. With hearing loss, the brain has to work harder to understand the information it receives. This can make you feel tired, especially when trying to follow a conversation and understand what is being said. The amplification makes hearing aids easier to hear as well as to participate in conversations.
- More self-confidence. According to the National Council on Aging, people who choose to wear hearing aids show greater emotional stability7. When people can hear well, they have a more positive outlook on life and the confidence to socialize and participate in social life.
- In harmony with the environment. People who cannot hear well may perceive their entire surroundings more poorly, making tripping and falling more likely. Hearing aids improve the perception of the environment, e.g. B. approaching people or the sound of your own footsteps on a wooden floor.
Good hearing is also important for personal safety. Often times, you can hear a potential threat first before it is seen - if it is even visible. So z. For example, crossing the street, responding to smoke alarms, and even staying at work is safer when you can hear well.
- Connected to the world. The ability to communicate makes life more interesting. Talking to friends or relatives creates a sense of belonging. Many Phonak hearing aids have universal connectivity that enables hands-free calls with any smartphone, making it much easier to keep in touch with friends. In addition, Phonak hearing aids can connect to Bluetooth-enabled devices in order to transmit audio signals from TVs, radios, podcasts, etc. directly to the hearing aids.
We'll help you find a hearing care professional near you today!
Online hearing test
With our online hearing test you can get an initial picture of your hearing ability.
Take the 5-minute free hearing test now!
Online hearing test
- Is meanness a psychological disorder
- What do children with autism eat
- How does GPS calculate the position
- How can I eliminate flaws in beauty
- What makes someone a good football player
- What percentage of people consider themselves to be artists?
- As Facebook likes, the posts increase
- How is the night life in Princeville HI
- Can I get my inbox message?
- How was Twitter originally started?
- How credible is www rangde org
- Every physicist can learn physics himself
- Harvard is a private university
- What is the structure of a building
- What are the good benefits of cigarettes
- How to store apple cider vinegar
- What are the conditions for a projectile
- What are the positive sides of the crypto currency
- What is bubble tea powder
- What is a sprain
- The Arctic Ocean is located in Russia
- Which brand of crouton is the best
- Which Toronto companies are using Go Golang
- What is the molecular formula in Excel
- What are cis and trans isomers
- What if Dagestan gained independence?
- What are the basic rules of art
- Why block automatics
- Who are dlvr it's competitors
- Why is the matrix division not defined
- Why are people aroused by hypnosis
- What is a nitrogen platform
- Why did the US turn Rockman into Megaman?
- Who is your favorite Telugu actor