What is your opinion on Caitlyn Jenner
Portrait: Reality TV star Caitlyn Jenner wants to become governor of California
Celebrities striving for political office out of nowhere are not uncommon, especially in the United States. For example, there was actor Arnold Schwarzenegger, who was elected governor of California in 2003. Or one remembers the US rapper and now ex-husband of reality TV star Kim Kardashian, Kanye West, who wanted to become the new President of the United States last year. At the time, he missed the registration deadline in most states - but that didn't stop him from voting for himself.
After Kanye West, Caitlyn Jenner now also wants to get into politics
Another family member from the Kardashian clan is now striving for a political career. Caitlyn Jenner, West's ex-step-mother-in-law, so to speak. (If you can't figure it out - don't worry, the daughters don't play a role this time.) 71-year-old Caitlyn Jenner announced her candidacy for California governor a few days ago. She challenges the previous incumbent Gavin Newsom, who, among other things, threatens to be voted out of office because of a birthday dinner with lobbyists amid the pandemic.
Jenner is known not only as a member of the wealthy family who spread their private life on television, but also won Olympic gold in the decathlon in the 1970s - as William Bruce Jenner. Jenner, born a man in New York, began the process of gender reassignment in the 80s. During her change, she met Kris Kardashian - still as a man. The two married. In June 2015, Jenner announced her new name as a trans woman.
Barack Obama congratulated on sex reassignment
Even the White House under Barack Obama congratulated Barack Obama's gender reassignment team. However, the two don't seem to have much in common: Caitlyn Jenner is a passionate Republican and supported Donald Trump in the 2016 election campaign. It is doubtful whether the elected ex-president will drink from a "Caitlyn for California" cup in return.
His former supporters are more likely to do so. Jenner reportedly met with the staff who made Trump president in 2016.
LGBTQ community criticizes Caitlyn Jenner
Meanwhile, some Californians are still hoping Jenner's idea of governor is just a joke. Users comment on social media that April first was a few weeks ago. Especially from the LGBTQ community, the union of homosexuals, bisexuals and transgender people, one hears loud criticism instead of support. The group, to which Jenner counts herself because of her gender reassignment, has little understanding for the sometimes outdated and conservative views of the 71-year-olds. Only recently, in an interview, she discriminated against transsexual girls who, in her opinion, should not participate in girls' sports. As "biological boys" they would have an advantage.
- Why is there no solution for healthcare
- What are the synonyms for tiresome?
- Orcas hunt blue whales
- Why scalability is a problem in cryptocurrencies
- If 3x 12 0 what does x
- What are some keys to gaining clue
- Why is traditional advertising still important
- Why is the blood separated
- What are the natural laws of logic
- What makes a good corporate website
- ZTE is a good manufacturer of smartphones
- What is poster design
- How can electrical outlets catch fire
- What is the dry weight of the soil
- What is the main use of charcoal powder
- How can i write
- What is the Gowda Category
- Why does redshift run faster than Hadoop
- How should we breathe properly while walking?
- When will the Iranian nuclear deal be voted on?
- What is the short definition of science
- What are the diseases caused by protists
- What is the valence of Na2S2O3
- When will U become legal
- How do I get to NIFT
- Is it possible to change the speed immediately?
- Rich people don't multitask
- What are the Greek people in Melbourne
- What is the best app for driving projects
- Is it safe in Houston after dark?
- Can businesses use VoIP in India?
- Sports cards come back
- What is the longest female orgasm in the world
- What is Samsung Flow