What is the healthiest store bought soup
Soups from the refrigerated shelf: fresh and healthy?
Ready-made soups from the refrigerated shelves of supermarkets and discounters are popular. Depending on the season, different types are on offer, for example pumpkin soup often in autumn and winter. Compared to canned soups or bag soups, many consumers find ready-made soups in a jar fresher and healthier. But not all varieties are free from preservatives and flavor enhancers.
Soup from the refrigerated shelf is relatively expensive
Soups from the refrigerated shelf cost around 3 to 4 euros per 500 milliliters. This makes them significantly more expensive than canned soups (from 99 cents) and bag soups (from 39 cents). If you cook a soup yourself, according to professional chef Matthias Gfrörer, you get around 2.50 euros per 500 milliliters of soup with organic ingredients, and only around 1.50 euros with inexpensive ingredients from the discounter.
Controversial ingredients in fresh instant soups
In a random sample, Markt found ingredients in ready-to-eat soups from the refrigerated shelves that professional chef Gfrörer criticized:
- Grained vegetable broth: This ingredient is considered a flavor enhancer that manufacturers can use to shorten soup production time and reduce the amount of higher quality ingredients such as vegetables. Flavor enhancers can lead to intolerance, an altered sense of taste and, by stimulating the appetite, to obesity.
- citric acid: The so-called acidity regulator is used, for example, to preserve food. Citric acid is classified as a health hazard if you regularly consume foods with this ingredient. Citric acid can attack tooth enamel and cause allergies.
- Natural flavours: Many consumers believe that these are ingredients from the eponymous ingredient. However, according to Matthias Gfrörer, it can also hide substances extracted in the laboratory.
Recipe: cook pumpkin soup yourself
Making a pumpkin soup yourself is relatively easy. The advantage over a ready-made soup from a glass, a can or a bag: You can choose each ingredient yourself and season or salt the soup as you like. Tip from professional chef Matthias Gfrörer: Depending on the size, pre-cook the pumpkin in the oven for up to 45 minutes at a time - then it can be easily cut and pitted.
Spicy pumpkin soup
Top chef Matthias Gfrörer prepares a base for this soup and roasts marinated pumpkin in the oven. This gives the dish a special touch. more
Recipes for soups and stews
Soups are delicious and usually quick to prepare. A large selection of recipes - from classics such as potato and tomato soups to soups for special occasions. more
This topic in the program:
Market | 02/03/2020 | 8:15 pm
- Fixed Jerry Brown California
- When will Pinterest go public
- What are the best Persian love books
- Are bladder cancer and prostate cancer related
- What kind of orange tree has thorns
- How do apples grow
- What is special about Beyond Meat
- How can you calculate the CPI
- What is your perfect pant
- Why don't you shave your mustache
- Duck boats are inherently unsafe
- What is PhonePe's revenue model
- Have you ever lost your faith
- Which is better for learning software
- What are autumn colors
- Is it worth loving a depressed person
- How powerful are Zeno's guards!
- What is the song Mr Bojangles about
- Like the combination of CFA and BCom
- Is love just another form of want
- Where do I sell Google reviews
- Generate direct currents a magnetic flux
- The Chinese like to eat watermelon
- Is pre-tax health insurance