Cats have kitties in winter
Tips for leaving your outdoor dog outside in winter
No matter whether your four-legged friend prefers to watch the white season from inside or whether your cat dares to go outside in winter, you can sweeten the winter time for your house cat with these tips.
You must make these preparations for your cat beforehand
Not only dog paws need to be cared for in winter, cats can also benefit from special winter care and equipment. Care for the cat's balls with balm or petroleum jelly to protect them from road salt and dirt. Winter jackets for cats also provide additional heat storage.
Danger: Kittens that are only three to four months old must stay indoors as their bodies are not yet used to the cold. Your cat's fur is still too thin to produce enough heat to survive in the freezing cold.
Recipe for a balm to protect cat balls in winter
|Recipe for a cat paw balm|
|Ingredients:||80 ml organic olive oil|
|20 g beeswax / cocoa butter / coconut oil|
|2 teaspoons of dried marigold petals|
|jar of jam|
|Preparation:||1. Put a water bath on your stove.|
|2. Now place the heat-resistant container in the water bath and add all the ingredients.|
|3. Let the ingredients melt and stir evenly.|
|4. Pour the mixture into a jam jar and let it cool down.|
Thermo huts: a must if your cat stays outside in winter
However, some cats prefer the winter excursions. It is very important for these four-legged friends to set up a refuge from the cold in the form of a warming shelter. This helps your outdoor walker through the winter. But what does the perfect heated cat house look like?
What to look for in a heated cat house
Help your cat stay healthy with a properly heated cat house during the winter season. This is to keep your kitten warm and safe during the cold season. The heated cat house should have the following things:
- Place the cat's heated house in a safe, low-traffic area. Cats need to feel safe and comfortable to use the home.
- Whether you choose a plywood or storage container, it needs to be well insulated and waterproof. Thick styrofoam can be a great option for keeping the inside of a heated cat house warm during the winter. Straw is another great alternative.
- Additional insulation:
- Place a support under the heated cat house so it doesn't lie directly on the floor. Some bricks or wooden pallets can additionally insulate the heated cat house against possible flooding or large amounts of snow.
- Make sure your cat's new home is the right size. It should be big enough for the cat to turn around. It shouldn't be too big, though, or your furry friend will have a hard time warming up.
- The right entrance:
- This should be kept relatively small so that unwanted guests stay outside. It should also be covered with a suitable plastic so that the heat does not spread quickly. Don't forget to keep the entrance clear so your kitten doesn't get blocked inside.
Alternatives so your cat doesn't have to endure the cold all the time
If you want your snow tiger to still have the opportunity to snuggle up in the warmth, you can attach a cat flap to your house wall or front door. To prevent uninvited guests from walking in, there are special cat flaps that only open with the implanted cat microchip. The prerequisite is that your kitty has the chip in her.
This is what the perfect feeding station for your cat looks like in winter
Ice and snow do not provide an inviting environment for a litter box. Therefore, it makes sense to set up a litter box indoors in the warmth for outdoor cats in winter. In the cold season, the cat food portion can be a little larger, because the winter fat protects the cat from the cold.
Not only do the tongues of small, adventurous children like to stick to metal in winter, but also those of cats. Therefore, note the following:
- Find containers that won't freeze
- Swap wet food for dry food in winter
- Provide enough fresh water
Did you like our tips? Share them with your friends!
- What is an equation without a solution
- Why are aligners so expensive
- How was 9 11 drawn
- Has anyone ever majored five times in college
- Where are optical fibers planted
- Where was the first human civilization
- Have you ever hit a bear?
- Why is North Korea worried about THAAD
- What are Matisyahu's best songs
- Which espresso is your favorite and why
- How would an invisible wall work in theory
- Who doesn't get to experience your feelings
- What are amazing facts about creatures
- Is Starbucks Halal
- What is meant by MapReduce in Hadoop
- Why is oil flowing on the water
- Am I a Ravenclaw or a Gryffindor?
- Which books should Java self-learners read?
- Everyone really needs friends
- Negotiates Offerpad
- What made you so bitter in life
- What causes PCO
- What do successful people do in college
- What annoys conservatives about some other conservatives