What does GIS
Part of Speech: Abbreviation, (neuter)Pronunciation / Stress:
- IPA: [ˌꞬeːʔiːˈʔɛs]
- 1) GeographicalI.informationsystem, Geoiinformationsystem
- 2) Ge charge I.nfo S.service
- 1) That GIS is already installed on the computer.
- Arabic: 1)
- Chinese: 1)
- English: 1) GIS
- Russian: 1)
- G sharp, g sharp
Part of Speech: AbbreviationPronunciation / Stress:
- IPA: [ˌDʒiːaɪ̯ˈɛs]
- 1) Geographic I.informationS.ystem
- 1) The GIS is already installed on the computer.
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„To the ORF fee GIS At last it was quiet. But the National Council meeting on April 24th is explosive. There it is GIS big on the agenda.“
Today.at, April 18, 2019
„From Holz Pichler to Microtec, from Endian to R3 GIS - Around 25 companies are now working in the NOI Techpark next door to research institutions, universities and start-ups.“
Südtirol Online, March 28, 2019
„The largest fund with an upgrade this month is PIMCO GIS Global Investment Grade Credit (ISIN IE00B0HZNB91 / WKN A0KD2P).“
fondscheck.de, April 25, 2019
„What the GEZ was in Germany and the broadcasting fee is, the ORF fee is in Austria GIS.“
Epoch Times, March 26, 2019
„In the ORF Board of Trustees before today's plenum there is resistance to austerity constraints and the deletion of the GIS-Fees.“
DiePresse.com, March 28, 2019
„On the information page of the GIS are under the point What is to be reported? recently also the monitors of the - per se GIS-Exempted - providers Nogis and Kagis.“
DiePresse.com, February 19, 2020
„The FPÖ tried turquoise-blue, the unpleasant ORF fee GIS abolish. Now the Greens are at the wheel. Everything new at GIS?“
Today.at, January 8th, 2020
„Bond fund: Eve Tournier, the Pimco's fund manager GIS Diversified Income, through new ratings and national champions.“
Börse Online, July 5th, 2020
„The GIS recently revised the information on mandatory reporting. On the updated homepage that takes GIS now also directly related to so-called “GIS-free” televisions.“
Vienna.at, February 18, 2020
„According to reports, the reason is Austrian data offered on a Darknet marketplace, the composition of which is based on that of the GIS stored information.“
Krone.at, May 27, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- Geographic information system
- Geographic information system
- ARD ZDF Deutschlandradio contribution service
- Billag (Switzerland)
- GEZ (outdated): Abbreviation for fee collection center of the public broadcasters in the Federal Republic of Germany (until December 31, 201;; broadcast by ARD ZDF Deutschlandradio contribution service (from January 1, 201;)
- GIS fees Info Service GmbH (Austria)
- Fee collection center (obsolete): Authority that was responsible for collecting the fees for the public service broadcasters until the end of 2012
Another word (synonym) for GIS - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "GIS":
TFW: The Tif World File is an ASCII file with a description of the extent, position and scaling of an image file in a CAD or GIS system
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"GIS" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (23.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/GIS/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "GIS" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
GIs (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: GIs Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [d͡ʒiːˈʔaɪ̯s]…
GKG (German) Part of Speech: Abbreviation Meaning / Definition: 1) Court Fees Act
GKV (German) Part of Speech: Abbreviation Cases: Nominative: Einzahl GKV; Plural - genitive: singular GKV; Plural - dative: ...
GLHF (English) Part of Speech: Abbreviation Meaning / Definition: 1) Good Luck, Have Fun (good luck and have fun) ...
GM (German) Part of Speech: Abbreviation Meaning / Definition: 1) Chess Grandmaster / Grandmaster Examples of use: 1)…
GMBl (German) Part of Speech: Abbreviation Meaning / Definition: 1) Joint Ministerialblatt
GMD (International) Part of Speech: Abbreviation Meaning / Definition: 1) International currency code for Dalasi, the currency ...
GMRT (English) Part of Speech: Abbreviation Meaning / Definition: 1) Abbreviation for "Giant Meterwave Radio Telescope" - ...
GMT (English) Part of Speech: Abbreviation Word Meaning / Definition: 1) Greenwich Mean Time
- Can teenagers have a heart attack
- How good are you with dream interpretation
- What is your book loan policy
- What is the function for triangular numbers
- How to cook turkey liver
- Why do V8 engines sound different?
- When do the CBSE 2018 exams start?
- What is people's perception of a seller
- What Are the Best Dog Training Books
- Which element has the atomic number 92?
- Difficult to make decisions
- Does the weather affect social media use
- What if blood was flammable?
- What is a Freelance Photographer
- How effective is biological warfare
- AEW is oversubscribed
- What is the best type of alcohol
- What can you say to a veteran
- Should the White House be named differently
- What are the different ENTJ subtypes
- How do I develop a charismatic personality
- What is SFR in 8051
- Lateral access is possible at Andhra University
- What are some dark punctuation marks
- Strength increases with speed
- How can I remove errors in apps
- Why is football seen as a universal sport
- Who is the current designer for Gucci
- Chromebooks can run Photoshop
- Why aren't more companies making insulin
- Why can't I sit by a movie
- How does engineering affect the medical field?
- How do you access Microsoft Office Online