Apple is a common noun
Nouns (nouns - article, plural and genitive)
Nouns are thing words / nouns (e.g. table, boy, dog, air, idea). Important points that we have to consider with the nouns are the choice of the article, the formation of the plural (plural) and the formation of the genitive (the 2nd case).
definite article - the (the / the / that)
Example: the house
indefinite article a / an (an)
a - if the following word is pronounced like a consonant
Example: a car, a university
at - if the following word is spoken like a vowel (vowel)
Example: an apple, an hour
Exercise on the indefinite article
Exercise on the specific article
general plural rule: singular + -s
Example: a car - two cars
after sibilants (s, ch, x, z) becomes -it attached
Example: a box - two boxes
y after consonants becomes to -ie
Example: a city - two cities
But:-y after vowel stays !!!
Example: a boy - two boys
to O becomes -it attached (except for technical things and music: radio, video, disco, video)
Example: a tomato - two tomatoes
Exercise - Singular or Plural?
|mostly for people||mostly for inanimate things|
|Ronny's brother||the name of the school|
If a reference to humans becomes clear in inanimate things, then the s-genitive is also used.
Example: Germany's economy or the ecomony of Germany
The s-genitive is used in times.
Example: a three weeks' holiday
Exercise on the genitive
- Who is a blogger 2
- What is AppVShNotify exe
- Can I meditate while I'm scared
- Can a Commerce Graduate Learn Android Development?
- What are the benefits of gymnastics
- What is language criticism
- How was the ICSE chief chemical officer
- Anarchy inevitably creates chaos
- Why can't Americans become K-pop stars?
- What's your favorite Kendrick Lamar album
- What are the disadvantages of laughing
- You can use WooCommerce without WordPress
- May 1st is a public holiday in India
- Why do people categorize themselves
- Is it worth joining the air force
- Companies have to blog regularly
- Why is it called a pheasant under glass
- How can you concentrate on your work
- How did India set its maritime borders
- What will be beyond heaven and hell
- Are the rinds of cheese edible?
- Are there vegan chicken wing alternatives
- What are the pollinants
- Which word is used instead of rebound?
- A quiche is a type of cake
- How do you start a dream journal
- Which crypto currency project do you visit often
- Why am I only psychological sometimes
- What is more beneficial tea or milk
- What is a href tag
- What are some iconic images of warfare
- Are there LGBT old people's homes or communities?
- Where is hydrogen used as a fuel?