What does eau de
Do you know the difference between perfume and eau de toilette?
From STYLEBOOK | January 27, 2021, 10:58 a.m.
Eau de toilette, perfume or cologne - there are fragrances in different shapes and price ranges, the choice is enormous - and sometimes quite confusing. What do the names mean and what exactly is the difference? STYLEBOOK explains.
In general, the quality of fragrances is measured in different dilution classes, a distinction is made between how high the proportion of fragrance oils is compared to ingredients such as water and alcohol in the product. The cheaper a fragrance, the lower its concentration of fragrances in general. In practice, this means that with increasing water content, more product has to be used until the desired intensity is reached and the scent has to be refreshed. Eau de Solide (EdS) has the lowest percentage of fragrances at one to three percent and is often sold as a light body spray or scented water in summer.
Also interesting: what exactly is a hair perfume?
The perfume is the most intense
In contrast to Eau de Solide, the proportion of fragrances in Eau de Parfum (EdP) is extremely high and is usually between ten and 14 percent. Also known as “Parfum de Toilette” or “Esprit de Parfum”, this variant is extremely intense and should therefore be used sparingly. At the same time, the smell evaporates very slowly, and a high-quality perfume often has an effect on the skin for days. Tip: It is better to apply intensive perfume scents in the evening because they are often perceived as too strong in everyday life, the keyword here is: perfume cloud!
The eau de toilette as an all-rounder
The concentration of scented oils in Eau de Toilette (EdT) is around six to nine percent and is therefore significantly lower than in perfume. The scent is more volatile, so it can also be used more generously. An eau de toilette is well suited for everyday use, but can also be used in the evening, as the intensity of the fragrance can be dosed well by the type of application. Ideally, the scent is applied to the areas where the blood circulates most, so that the scent molecules unfold best. For a longer hold, a little petroleum jelly or odorless body lotion can be applied under the scent.
From floral to tart - our favorite perfumes for women!
Cologne for a light fragrance
Originally, the Eau de Cologne was intended as a refreshing water, the fragrance content is a low three to five percent, making the Eau de Cologne an extremely light fragrance variant and is very fine and volatile. As a rule, the cologne is the cheaper form of the perfume and is therefore well suited to trying out a fragrance first before investing in an expensive perfume. For a fresh feeling, the scented water or the eau de toilette can be applied several times a day. Intense perfume, on the other hand, should only be used once a day.
With material from dpa
- What are two pillars of modern physics
- When was the service tax abolished?
- What is capitalization
- How long does a Christmas cactus live
- When did Trump win the elections?
- Who are qualified to be paralegals
- Is agriculture also responsible for global warming?
- How effective is candle magic at seduction
- What is construction drawing
- Are English people anti-Semitic
- How reliable are sharp fridges
- What rhymes with Dungeoness
- What diseases do rheumatologists diagnose
- How do I focus on getting better?
- What are the symptoms of Ebola
- How do I practice psychometric tests
- Why do eagles fly in circles
- How many satellites does the US have
- Where did your partner suggest you
- Is Mensa a society for narcissists
- Donald Trump has therapy sessions
- Why did Pablo Escobar get into politics?
- Can I block fake calls on Android?
- Should I do engineering or do BBA