Why do we dissect frogs
In the future, only dissect frogs virtually
Charleston / USA - The frogs and rats that have already lost their lives in the service of education in biology classes are countless. Animal rights activists in the USA are therefore calling for software to be used instead of animals in the future to simulate the animal sections.
Marylin Grindley of the Ohio Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) criticizes that slicing animals dulls children's natural sensibilities. "They are being taught that we have no respect for animals," says Grindley.
In 14 US states there are already guidelines that allow students to refuse to participate in a section without this having an impact on their biology grades. The SPCA is committed to promoting alternatives to animal testing. That's why she donates section software such as "Virtual Frog" to schools.
At Wheeling Park High School in West Virginia, students can now study frog organs on the screen. You make cuts and sew up wounds with a virtual scalpel. Body functions are simulated with the help of animations.
Software at universities
At universities, the animal section has been replaced by software for some time. In 1982 it was still common practice at 107 of 124 universities to impart knowledge of anatomy, physiology and surgery to medical students with the help of animal experiments. Today this only happens at eight of 154 universities. (APA / red)
- What is meant by MapReduce in Hadoop
- How is the NICMAR 1 year course
- Did Palpatine ever have a love interest
- Why is Milwaukee so separated
- Why am I so weird with myself
- What are the facilities in Vibrant
- How do I become a bankruptcy administrator
- How did you beat the competition
- Why blogs are not credible
- What is the kharasch effect
- How do I get free trading signals
- Will NPCs save Fallout 76
- How credible is www rangde org
- Who invented the lawn sprinkler?
- Are gold grills for your teeth
- Is Jiu Jitsu better than Sambo
- What are the most underrated Mexican desserts
- Does TRP really represent the public preference
- How powerful is Shazam
- What is your favorite horror web series
- How do I talk like a Spock
- Is clonazepam a benzo
- Was John Updike a homophobe
- Why aren't breast implants better