How do you reactivate your Facebook page
Deactivate and reactivate your Instagram account: this is how it works
Would you like to deactivate your Instagram account? Nothing easier than that! What you have to do for it? You will find out in the following guide. We also explain how to reactivate the account.
Take out your smartphone, smile at the camera, wait for the flash and then upload the result: Networks like Instagram live from the fact that you post new pictures or videos at regular intervals. But everyone needs a little break from the social media world: So that you can take the break and not scroll through your Instagram feed after two hours, we explain here how to deactivate your account - and again later can bring to life.
Your data will be retained
The practical thing about taking a break from Instagram? Your profile will no longer be visible to other users after deactivation - but photos, comments and likes will be retained. It is different with deletion: With this action, your Instagram data is really completely removed. If you change your mind after deleting your account, you would have to completely re-register.
Deactivate the Instagram account
If you want to deactivate your Instagram account, you cannot regulate this in the mobile app, but have to go to the Instagram homepage on your PC or in the browser on your mobile phone. There you have two options to log in:
- If you have connected your Instagram account with Facebook, go to the point "Log in with Facebook". Then enter your Facebook login details. The website will then automatically redirect you back to Instagram.
- You can also log in to Instagram with your own username and password - you had to set up both when registering. To log in, go to the bottom of the login window on Instagram and select “Do you have an account? Log in". You can then enter your login details.
If you want to deactivate your Instagram account, you have to switch to your PC and log into Instagram there.
Once you have successfully logged in, the rest is almost child's play: Go to the person icon in the top right corner of the screen to get to your Instagram profile. Then click with the mouse to the right of your user name on the point "Edit profile". Now you end up in the settings, more precisely in its "Edit profile" tab, where you can deactivate your Instagram account. Click on "Deactivate my account temporarily" in the lower right corner.
Deactivate Instagram account - not without a reason
Instagram then explains to you that your data (i.e. photos, likes & comments) will be saved despite deactivation and that your account will only be hidden from other users. You will also be advised that you can only deactivate your Instagram account once a week.
Below this statement you should give Instagram a reason why you want to deactivate your account. Here you can choose between the following options:
- I just need a break
- Initial difficulties
- Second account created
- Privacy concerns
- Would like to delete something
- Too busy / too much distraction
- Can't find people to follow
- Too many ads
- Another reason
Important: You have to select one of these points, otherwise your Instagram account cannot be deactivated. If you have decided on a reason, you only need to confirm the deactivation once more. To do this, enter your Instagram password directly under the section “Why do you want to deactivate your account?”. Then click on the button below "Temporarily deactivate account". From now on, your account will remain invisible to other users until you reactivate it.
Do you want to deactivate and reactivate your Instagram account? You don't have to do much to do this.
Activate the Instagram account again
Have you followed our instructions for deactivating your Instagram account and want to revive your account now? If you want to reactivate your Instagram account, it is very quick: you just have to log into the app or your computer again with your old Instagram login details. Your Instagram account will then be activated and your profile will be automatically reactivated - including all photos, likes and comments.
If that doesn't work right away
If you deactivated your Instagram account less than a day ago and want to revive it now, it may not work right away. Here it is then: wait and see and drink tea. Try again in a few hours. If you still cannot log in, the best thing to do is to contact Instagram support.
Do you want more practical tips on Instagram? Then take a look at the following guides: There we explain, among other things, how to find a cool Instagram username or use the new face filters. We'll also tell you how to use multiple accounts with the network at once.
Deactivate and reactivate your Instagram account - in quick succession
- If you need a break from Instagram, you can temporarily deactivate your account.
- In contrast to deleting, you keep all your photos, likes and comments - your account is simply invisible to other users.
- An Instagram account can only be deactivated in the browser view of the service. The function is missing in the mobile phone app.
- If you want to reactivate your account, all you have to do is log into Instagram with your old access data.
Have you ever taken a break from social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook & Co.) or even the smartphone itself? How was your experience with it? Feel free to tell us about it in the comments.
You might also be interested in:
- Who decides who or what is beautiful
- Why does civilization believe in gods?
- What happens to narcissistic men
- What do the Dutch think about Scandinavia
- Co-founders should like each other
- What are the best drywall ceiling hooks
- What are the bones
- How is hashing used for integrity
- What are some summer tips for children
- My friend will love me forever
- What drives a senior software engineer crazy
- What are tips to better interview people
- What is the best 4k DSLR camera
- What is special about the Volvo 240
- Why don't schools sell coffee to students
- What are dynamic music 1
- What is the best company for credit consolidation
- Are home security cameras legal
- Learn and teach separate sciences
- What is the EXO and BTS Ranking
- Why am I addicted to shopping?
- How strong is CMU in machine learning
- Who discovered chloroplasts
- Is all better than DLP
- What antibiotics cause pancreatitis
- Is similar to JSON XML
- What is the pH of toothpaste
- How do you know about Bangladesh
- What happened to Albania after Skanderbeg's death
- What is a corrupt soul
- What does Activaing Plutotv
- Nobody wants to talk about philosophy
- What is the best flash storage company
- What are eukaryotic cells and their benefits