What does HREF stand for
The anchor tag is an HTML tag that is used to create a hyperlink that refers to content on the same or a different website.
The anchor tag is inserted in the HTML source code.
Example of a syntax for a hyperlink that was created with the anchor tag:<a href="http://www.example.com">Anchor-Text</a>
The href attribute defines the reference target. If you want to link to an electronic document (e.g. a text, an image or a video file) on an external page, the full URL is specified as the reference target. If, on the other hand, a link is to be created to an internal page, it is sufficient to specify the specific file name.
The respective anchor text (German: Ankertext, also Linktext) defines the later clickable and mostly color-coded and underlined text of the hyperlink. If the Internet user clicks on the anchor text of the hyperlink, he is automatically forwarded to the respective target address or the target document.
Optionally, the title attribute can also be used here to briefly describe the content of the reference target. This is displayed to the Internet user (if necessary in a tooltip window) when he moves the cursor over the hyperlink.
Example:<a href="Rosenliebhaber.html" title="Tipps zur Rosenpflege">Pflege</a>
If you want the target address or the target file to which the Internet user is to be forwarded to open in a new window, the target attribute with the specification "_blank"> must be used.
Example:<a href="http://www.example.com" target="_blank">Anchor-Text</a>
In the context of the internal linking of content, the name attribute is also often used, for example if a specific point in a text document is to be linked on another page. If the Internet user clicks on the link text of the hyperlink, he will be automatically forwarded to the specified place. An example syntax is as follows:<a href="example.html#name">Anchor-Text</a>
If the Internet user is to be redirected to a specific point within the same page, the name attribute is used, for example, as follows:<a name="top"></a>
In addition, the following HTML code is incorporated elsewhere:<a href="#top">Zurück zum Seitenanfang</a>
In this example, if the Internet user clicks on the link text of the hyperlink, which is regularly placed at the end of a page, he will automatically be taken back to the top of the page.
Importance for search engine optimization
The linking of website content created by means of anchor tags is of great importance for search engine optimization. The anchor text in particular has a twofold meaning: Since it is used by Google and other search engines to evaluate websites, it is an important ranking criterion. In addition, it is intended to encourage Internet users to click on the respective link and thereby Increase the click-through rate of the website.
Great care must therefore be taken in the formulation of anchor texts. The anchor text should be short, concise and meaningful and contain relevant keywords (link texts such as “read more here” or “click here” should be avoided). The more informative the anchor text is and the more relevant the keywords it contains are rated in relation to the specific search query, the better the ranking of the website or subpage in the search results pages of the respective search engine.
In summary: FAQs on anchor tags
What are anchor tags used for?
Anchor tags can be used to turn content into hyperlinks that refer to internal or external destinations.
How are anchor tags implemented?
Anchor tags are implemented in the HTML code. To do this, the tag, followed by one or more attributes, is inserted into the code.
Why are anchor tags important for SEO?
Anchor tags themselves are not a ranking factor, but the associated anchor text is. In addition, the anchor text can have a positive influence on the click-through rate of the linked page.
- What do successful people do in college
- What is ATAR in Australia
- Does the Air Force have warrant officers
- How did the Spanish Inquisition end
- Pay the police officers the insurance
- Are OnePlus phones popular in the US
- Is the Catholic Church above the law
- Can a company in Canada use crowdfunding?
- How is the Boston University campus
- Have you ever felt so without friends?
- Which is the best Boersen app
- What's next after the iPhone
- A corset helps smooth my stomach
- Iodine tincture is used for fresh wounds
- What fashion trend would you bring back
- The layout of Quoras changed recently in Jan 2011
- Who made the dengue virus
- How are coding languages created
- Are there halborcs in the world?
- How is sex education in Australia
- Is the Gayatri mantra scientific
- Blocks insulin from burning fat
- How can you improve Indian football
- How is NMIMS Mumbai for an MBA
- What does PGDM mean in school
- ASPD makes me a psychopath
- Where should I live in Albuquerque
- What are the important functions of flowers
- What are conspiracy theories for Studio Ghibli
- How can I get physically tougher
- What are the criticisms of theism
- What are some examples of benefit companies
- What is your favorite region in Spain
- How celebrating holidays enriches your life