What's New Research in Diabetes
Widespread disease Type 2 diabetes - if you recognize the preliminary stages, you can avoid it
Prediabetes is not prediabetes - there are six different preliminary stages. A research network from Tübingen and Munich has come to the result. The scientists say: If the preliminary stages are recognized correctly and in good time, the development of the widespread disease type 2 diabetes can be delayed or even prevented. That sounds good, like a train that is directed to another switch and a different route in time before it derails. That was not possible before, says Prof. Dr. Hans-Ulrich Häring, who has been researching diabetes for decades:
In the case of people with prediabetes, it was previously impossible to predict whether they would develop diabetes and have the risk of serious secondary diseases such as kidney failure, or whether they would only have a harmless form of slightly higher blood sugar levels without any significant risk.Dr. Hans-Ulrich Haring
For the study, the metabolism of almost 900 people was examined who were still considered healthy, although their blood sugar level was already elevated. Six different types of prediabetes were identified on the basis of important parameters such as blood sugar level, liver fat, body fat distribution, blood fat level and genetic risk. On the other hand, data from a British group of 7,000 people were used - the same subtypes of prediabetes were also found here.
What are the subgroups?
Three groups have a low risk of type 2 diabetes: healthy people, overweight people with a relatively healthy metabolism, and slim people. On the other hand, there is a high risk of type 2 diabetes and secondary diseases in the other three groups. First, people who produce little insulin and who are genetically at risk. A second group at high risk of diabetes are people with severe fatty liver disease: their risk of diabetes is so high because their bodies are resistant to the blood sugar-lowering effects of insulin. And in the last subgroup there is damage to the kidneys even before diabetes is diagnosed.
- Why we have a reptilian brain
- How is political science
- Which fruit sets are associated with beverages
- Why does health insurance not cover dental problems
- Why is art not so valuable anymore
- Why are seafood so luxurious in China?
- Is Negan really a villain?
- Why is amlodipine banned in Canada
- Where can I play the MW3 demo
- What is meant by website marketing
- How does the Lycos search engine work
- Can you live without credit cards
- Removes a permanent marker pen from anything
- What is an NQT salary
- What exactly does a UI developer do
- Who plays George in Grey's Anatomy
- Who wrote Sandokai
- What are some cute 16 party favors
- Why can't monkeys talk?
- What devices work with Cozmo
- Who is the Alt Rights Ben Shapiro
- Why do people think that children are not intelligent
- What gifts do they get during Hanukkah?
- How does blood get on the skin
- What are the advantages of the euro
- Why is plastic in tea bags
- Will the diesel engine die soon
- Why doesn't AA work for everyone
- What is the motive of basketball
- Are metallic crystals compressible
- How can you deal with disobedient employees
- How's Hitachi AC Service in Chennai
- How does diabetes insipidus affect urine output?