What are serial and parallel ports
In the area Serial port you can configure the serial port settings of your virtual machine.
To edit the device settings:
- Click the Parallels icon in the menu bar and select Configure. Or, if the Parallels Desktop menu bar is visible at the top of the screen, select Actions > Configure.
- In the window to the Configuration of the virtual machine click on hardware and select the device name in the sidebar.
Note: If this device is not listed, you can add it to the virtual machine configuration. For detailed information on adding devices, see Adding and removing devices.
If you are using serial ports you can connect between:
- the virtual machine and the devices of the host computer (via a real port) or
- two virtual machines residing on the same host computer (through a socket).
If you want to connect the virtual machine to the host computer's device, you need to create a serial port that is emulated by a real port. The list source contains the devices on the host computer that are available for connection. The attached device that is used in a virtual machine cannot be used by the host computer. In order to use it on the host computer, it must first be disconnected from the virtual machine. Use the menu for this equipment in the menu bar.
If you want to connect two virtual machines together, you need to create a serial port that is emulated by a socket on both virtual machines. The names of these serial ports must be identical. The connection between the virtual machines via serial ports is bidirectional. This means that the working modes of the sockets that were specified when the port was created will be used in the scope at a later time Serial port can be changed.
If you need to log the virtual machine's performance or record its data and want to use this information at a later time, you can connect the virtual machine's serial port to an output file on the physical computer. In this way, you can view and analyze the history of the virtual machine's activities at any time by looking at this file.
Use the Add Hardware wizard to add a new serial port to the virtual machine. For instructions on adding serial ports, see Add and remove devices.
Note: You can connect up to four serial ports to a virtual machine.
in The Field source indicates the source device that emulates this serial port. Serial ports can be emulated by the following devices:
- Physical serial port. To connect the serial port of the virtual machine to one of the existing serial ports of the host computer, select from the list source the desired port on the host computer.
- Socket. To connect two virtual machines using the sockets, click on the list source and select the desired socket. If no sockets are available, click New socket and fill in the field Enter a socket name out.
You should also define the function of the virtual machine in the connection by selecting the appropriate entry in the list mode choose. If you have the entry server If you select, you can use this virtual machine to control the other virtual machine. If you have the entry Client you can control this virtual machine from the other virtual machine.
Note:If you change the socket mode of the first virtual machine, the socket mode of the second virtual machine must also be changed.
- Output file. To connect the virtual machine's serial port to an output file, click the list source and select the desired output file. You can also click Select output file click to search for the file you want.
To prevent unauthorized changes to the configuration of the virtual machine, click the lock icon at the bottom of the window. If someone then wants to make changes to the settings in any area in the configuration menu of the virtual machine, an administrator password must be entered.
- How useful is the Pentaho Data Integration Training
- Why is sucrose not soluble in isopropyl alcohol
- Are chess tactics generated procedurally
- Are defense attorneys good lawyers
- How can you spread happiness?
- Are single-use paper products environmentally friendly
- What is your anger in you
- Mederma removes all types of scars
- Who are ZocDoc's competitors
- Can an EEG be wrong
- How can I fix my social life
- Why is deportation a bad thing?
- What is the Environmental Protection Agency
- Why are climate catastrophes more and more common
- Why shouldn't we take out insurance?
- What are your new novel recommendations
- Amity University exploits its students financially
- There are rags at St. Stephens College
- Where can I buy handmade Manipur products
- There are poisonous snakes in New Hampshire
- Is soil a renewable resource
- How do I know how big the condom is
- How does a marine think
- What was America's strategy in World War I
- What made Yeats a modernist poet
- Education versus moral values
- What is the Most Overrated Disney Classic Movie
- Do you think GAFA is manipulating information
- What chemical can remove watercolors from paper
- Can Keanu Reeves trade
- Who is Mike Posner
- Should I put my company on the stock exchange?
- How do I break the silence
- Why should we study international law