Where did Impressionism get its name from?
Impressionism - the basic idea
"Contours are interpretations"
The term impressionism comes from the French "impression" and means "impression". The revolutionary thing about Impressionism is that the artists began to observe their perception.
The first realization was that the contours of objects are "made" by consciousness. That the eye sees predominantly colors and shapes; strictly speaking only colors. Contours are interpretations and the impressionists wanted to go back to "pure perception".
The impressionist painters were drawn to light and its effects. With their new way of painting, made of dots and small lines, they tried to bring natural light back into their pictures. The Impressionists mainly worked outdoors or in the studio with changing lighting. Some impressionists painted the same motif at different times of the day or seasons to reflect the difference in changing lighting. To achieve this, the Impressionists developed new techniques for working with color. The shades became lighter and the artists started mixing the paint right on the canvas. This technique enabled them to achieve softer contours in their pictures.
They realized that perception changes rapidly from moment to moment and that it is impossible to grasp the impression of a moment. This explains the quick painting style that was used to capture these impressions before making the next impression. For the Impressionists it was about pure observation without interpretation or constructs.
Typical motifs of Impressionism were landscape scenes and boulevard scenes with elegantly dressed women, depictions of dancers and women in the toilet.
Continue reading ...
- Has your conscience let you down
- Is the new she ra transgender
- Is the Spanish language still important
- May refuse treatment to urgent care
- How do you answer the phone correctly
- What does WaterAid
- Is NCERT enough for chemistry
- What counter-intuitive insights have you had
- How did Juggernaut die in Deadpool 2
- Mike and I is correct grammar
- Does dissection matter in anatomy
- Which wine goes best with seafood?
- Why should China support Hawaii independently?
- Why did the USSR not abolish money
- Is a restricted TLD for us
- What are the salient features of NATO
- I deserve this 1
- Corey Feldman is a great actor today
- What are some geography jokes memes
- What are the uses for enriched uranium
- What are the benefits of ATMs
- Jain food is available at IIT Delhi
- What is the full story of Atlantis
- What is physical chemistry