What is discrete and continuous in the statistics
Discrete and Continuous Random Variables
Next page:Analysis categorical and continuous Upwards:Types of variables Previous page:Quantitative and qualitative variables & nbsp index
From the point of view of mathematical statistics, there are two types of variables: discrete and continuous "random variables". :
- Discreet Random variables have either a finite number or a countably infinite number of characteristics. The set of natural numbers is sufficient to name their characteristics. Depending on the number of manifestations, one also speaks of dichotomous (2), trichotomes (3), polytomes (finite number ) or from Counting variables (infinite number of expressions).
- At continuous Random variable is between two values also every intermediate value in the interval is possible, no matter how small this interval is. To name their characteristics, the set of rational numbers is necessary (e.g. decimal fractions with an infinite number of decimal places).
Next page:Analysis categorical and continuous Upwards:Types of variables Previous page:Quantitative and qualitative variables & nbsp index HJA 2001-10-01
- Are emotions a part of science
- What do corgis eat
- Which is the best comedy series
- Are there really angels of Avalon
- Which cookies does Opencart use
- How is Mysore for settling with children
- Is Iran safe for Pakistani tourists?
- What is Rahm Emanuel's legacy in Chicago
- Participate with countries in summer time
- How do you tire a restless child
- How do I deal with excessive fear
- What determines the starter amplifier
- How do you treat cigarette burns
- May papaya help treat dengue
- I am a bad friend
- How can a person think outside the box
- Is Cadillac a good luxury value
- What is the style of a plant
- What is the chemical symbol for Roentgen
- What are the basic requirements for hacking
- What are your least favorite airlines
- Can beat Saitama better than Zeno
- What is CLEP
- Which season is better spring or summer
- Who is the best Persian poet
- Why do I feel weird to live
- What are some good lipdub
- Do automatic payments affect creditworthiness?
- Why should I learn music history
- The atom bomb saved lives
- What are some probability research topics
- What is library automation
- What does Ratchasi
- Can you starve a tapeworm?