Is Melania Trump crazy
Melania Trump approaches refugee children
After her husband turned around in the dispute over the separation of immigrant families, First Lady Melania Trump demonstratively visited a reception center for refugee children. The minors had to get back to their families as soon as possible, she said in Texas on the border with Mexico. She had previously criticized the government's practice of imprisoning illegal immigrants and separating them from their children.
In the past few weeks, the US authorities had separated families of illegal immigrants from South and Central America. This had caused sharp protests internationally and also in the USA. Trump ended this practice on Wednesday under great pressure. With a temporary decree, he paved the way for parents and children to be imprisoned together.
Whirl around Melania's jacket
The First Lady's visit to Texas had been planned prior to the decree. A jacket by Melanie Trump, which she wore on the trip to the refugee children, caused a stir. When the 48-year-old got out of her car at Andrews Airport near Washington and walked up the gangway, she was wearing a jacket with the bold words "I really don't care - and you?" ("I really don't care - Do u?").
Melania Trump on the way on the plane with a jacket that causes discussion
The question arose on social media as to whether this was thoughtlessness or a message in view of the political explosiveness of the discussion about tearing refugee families apart. Trump's spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham said in Texas: "It's a jacket. There was no hidden message."
Search for compromise
Meanwhile, Washington continues to wrestle over how to deal with illegally entered migrants. The decree signed by the US President is only provisional. As the news agency AFP reported with reference to information from the ranks of the Republican Party, the House of Representatives has postponed a vote on a "compromise" bill on immigration reform. The vote was postponed one day to Friday.
Republicans have a clear majority in the Congress Chamber, but they are divided over immigration reform. It was therefore extremely uncertain whether the draft law, intended as a compromise between the wings, could actually win a majority. Trump called on the opposition Democrats to cooperate. He invited their representatives to the White House. "We should be able to make a law. Come over - preferably this afternoon," said Trump.
where / haz (afp, dpa)
- Are starfish in the ocean threatened
- What year will the apocalypse take place?
- Which social media websites are losing users
- Good ideas for niche marketing
- How many giraffes are in a group
- Who can see my schizophrenia medical records
- Is it a bad thing to be popular?
- Is NCERT enough for chemistry
- Why can't radio waves be transmitted through water?
- How do I close a wound quickly
- Is Keynesianism socialist
- Grow plants away from gravity
- Are the rinds of cheese edible?
- What are the benefits of gymnastics
- Hummingbirds eat or just drink
- Why are people biased about fiction
- Is the inverted yield curve sustainable
- How are the toilets on google
- What is a property 2
- What does the Tamil word appu mean
- What negotiation tactics does Jim Clark use
- Where are the Antilles
- What are the targets of stealth destroyers
- Who invented tennis?
- Which nation is the best Israel or Iran
- How do I stay frugal in retirement
- What does no such luck mean
- How much does a teaching company earn
- Whose incarnation was Lakshman in Ramayana
- Destroyed the Model City Program Detroit
- What makes a woman worth your love
- How do I earn more money
- Participate with countries in summer time