What are the different toppings when cooking
Garnish - eat with your eyes!
Even before the first bite, the best dishes whet your appetite for more. Fresh herbs on the roast, a pattern of cream in the tomato soup: garnishing is the icing on the cake to present the meal in the most beautiful light.
When it comes to cooking, details matter. This principle also applies when the food is basically ready. A garnish with a sprig of rosemary, for example, gives a juicy steak an appetizing splash of color, and a few wild flowers as a garnish make an average salad a specialty. No wonder that this finesse goes back to the French culinary tradition. The term "garnir" means "to decorate" or "to dress up". In German, the term primarily refers to this definition. In French, however, can set mean the side dishes like vegetables and potatoes. In parts of the Anglo-Saxon region, "garnish" is used to accompany fish or meat.
Eat the garnish or not?
In principle, all dishes and drinks can be garnished. By the way, decorating desserts and pastries is known as decorating. When garnishing, the transition between simply decorating and adding another flavor component is often fluid. And: Nobody expects you to eat the thyme bouquet with the roast. In Asian cuisine in particular, artfully carved additions, such as radish or carrots, are a popular garnish that is more intended to be admired than to be eaten.
Garnish from simple to demanding
Garnishing can be child's play or something for experienced hands. The easiest way is to chop fresh herbs or sprinkle them all over the dish - preferably those that were also used in cooking. Only fine, intact leaves or stems should be used. Mint and lemon balm are particularly suitable for garnishing desserts. Slices or slices of citrus fruits are another classic garnish ingredient. One tip: For salmon or Wiener Schnitzel, grab a lime for a change.
With soups, the garnish is often an integral part of the recipe. In addition, decorate a ready-made tomato soup with roasted croutons, a dollop of cream or crème fraîche. Do you want to impress your guests in particular? Then use a wooden stick or toothpick to pull the cream outward into the soup in patterns. If you want it to be particularly artistic, arrange the cream in a circle or several dabs. This is best done with a teaspoon or you can pour the cream into a drip-free milk jug.
- Is Homelander angry
- What are some safety precautions for cooking
- Why is Minecraft hated by some people
- What is the best substitute for bisphosphonate
- What is an ankle sandwich
- How did Quora increase your self-esteem
- Android Skin and Android Launcher are too
- Why did the JASTA Congress pass
- Should forgetting be feared Why
- What are the surprising facts about insurance
- How can I rely on high school
- Gluten should be banned in schools
- What is a cystic fibrosis karyotype
- Cats can feel sadness
- Are there male K-pop fans
- Eating is a sin
- How good are the IT internships at NIT Kurukshetras
- Why is it pointless to prepare?
- How do trees generate electricity
- What kills a virus
- Surgeons can be color blind
- What was your attitude before high school
- Will marry Brad Pitt again
- How reliable is Avast for my computer
- What is the art of peace
- Where did you learn Photoshop
- Brussels Did the Israelis control airport security?
- How does Holistics compare to Tableau
- Why am I addicted to shopping
- Can 3 months is enough for cat
- Take a casual stroll through the stock markets
- What is something legal, but immoral
- Why does crime happen worldwide
- What is the full form of CS