How is nicotinic acid made
Niacin helps with cell division (8/14)
Part of the niacin that the body needs for a sufficient supply is made from the indispensable amino acid tryptophan.
Which foods contain niacin?
Niacin is found in all animal products such as meat, fish, game and poultry that also contain tryptophan. Herbal products contain small amounts of niacin, but these are difficult to utilize.
The niacin content in roasted coffee is remarkable: it contains one to two milligrams of nicotinic acid per cup.
A deficiency in niacin is practically non-existent in the usual diet, the recommended daily dose is easily reached. Niacin is also relatively unproblematic in food, little is lost through prolonged storage or during cooking.
However, side effects such as a feeling of heat and inflammation of the gastric mucosa can occur as a result of an overdose. The critical amount of 35 milligrams per day can hardly be achieved through food alone.
Recommended daily dose for adults: 11 to 17 milligram equivalent, for example contained in 500 grams of whole wheat bread.
What is meant by "milligram equivalent"?
Some vitamins come in different forms, the effectiveness of which is different. The indication in equivalents is used to make the different forms comparable.
- Why are Tesla cars so expensive
- Does the salt pregnancy actually work?
- Should I charge 100 iPhones
- What is the function of WordPress
- Pagers were the most short-lived technological innovation
- Can a nationalized bank go bankrupt?
- Why are copper and silver less reactive
- What is the speed of the fiber optic
- What is campaign planning in advertising
- Let's live in the MATRIX
- What about mobile users who have a smartphone
- What is the new rule for accredited investors
- Which segment is better for retail
- How can a diet lead to insomnia
- Why is the blood separated
- How do I duplicate a wordpress page
- What is the best SIM network
- What do you think of Formula Stocks
- Miss the old BTS
- Is a road trip dangerous
- Why should astrology be treated as a science?
- Which animal has the largest anus?
- Under what conditions is gas considered incompressible
- The London Overground has free WiFi
- What if Wakanda is out of vibranium
- How do we reduce pigmentation
- Is there a supercomputer at the IIIT Allahabad
- If alkaline water remains alkaline when boiled
- Can we invest directly in Sensex?
- Should I forego the eventuality of the assessment
- Is the tech world sexist
- Where will Yes Bank be in 2020
- How do I write a software request
- Does Prozac work