What has nine lives
Cats used to be considered companions of witches and stood for evil - especially black ones. People feared the hairy creatures and tried cruel methods to get rid of them. To get rid of the "devil creatures", for example, they threw them from church towers, which many cats survived. Therefore, it was clear to the people in the Middle Ages that they had to be demons who had more than just one life.
How it became seven lives of all things can probably be explained by the fact that the number seven had a special meaning in the Christian Catholic Church at that time. There the number symbolized, for example, the seven deadly sins, the seven sacraments and the seven virtues. According to the Bible, God only needed seven days to create our world. The number also appears in many fairy tales, such as Snow White and the seven dwarfs or the wolf and the seven little goats.
Seven lives are not enough
In England, the fluffy four-legged friends are not satisfied with just seven lives. Cats have nine lives there, as the saying goes. The reasons why the little tigers have more than just one life are probably the same as in German-speaking countries. The nine, on the other hand, is probably derived from the mythology of the Celts. At the time, these colonized what is now Great Britain. Their main god Odin, in his search for wisdom and knowledge, made a self-sacrifice, which lasted nine days and nine nights. It is also possible that symbols of the church again contributed to the mysterious nine, for example hell consists of nine circles. Whether these theories are one hundred percent true, however, remains a mystery.
- How do you leave the game industry
- How can I stop being so intimidating?
- Is blogging for money worth a try?
- What did you do in the 1960s
- Can someone motivate me to keep going
- Can a VPN override an internet filter
- What is the Mortgage Interest Deduction
- Why s forty is so good
- Is there a management quota in PEC
- What makes people racist 1
- Love addiction is a disease
- Where is the rugby world cup 2027
- Who is Osho and is he right
- What is 0 0 20 20
- How has the literature developed and changed
- Are you half awake
- Is electricity a homogeneous product?
- All terrorists are paid as US agents
- Is the Spanish language still important
- Why do people want to legalize cannabis
- When did marketing advertising become commonplace?
- What is the full form of the speed
- What is a swept wing
- How do artists live in the studio