Top students use social media
How Social Media Affects Student Academic Performance
If you are a college student then you will understand how often it happens that young people spend all of their time on social media instead of studying and have had problems in school and at home because of that. Of course, if you like social media, it doesn't mean you have the same problem too.
Still, social media has a huge impact on students and how well they do at school. If you have good grades and want to study well, learn more about the impact of social media and try to change the impact it has on your own performance.
Effects of social media on students
Most young people these days use social media a lot. While it's a fun way to hang out and make new friends, it still has a negative impact on the way you perform in school or college. Here are some of the ways social media can impact your studies:
- The students do not concentrate on their studies. As many studies claim, students are less focused due to the influence of social media and the internet in general. This also applies to adults. Lots of students try multitasking, and that's not a good thing. If you are feeling overwhelmed instead of trying to do it all at once, it is best to get professional and legitimate paper typing services online to cope with your chores.
- Young people will spend less time studying. Social media may not take up much of your time and you may not even realize it. Sometimes all you want to do is check the news and just spend a few minutes, but later you find that you've been on social media for about an hour.
- There is a great risk of students being bullied online. Cyberbullying is one of the dangers that social media could make life better for teenagers. Often times, other teenagers go online anonymously and mock their classmates or just other teenagers for fun. This has a great impact on their mental health and as a result they become depressed and lose all will to learn.
- Less sleep. Students spend much of their time on social media and often go to bed late at night. They watch videos and post pictures on their profiles instead of resting, and because of this, the usual time students fall asleep is between 1am and 3am which is not okay. And because teenagers use their devices before going to bed, it becomes more difficult for them to fall asleep.
- Bad body image. Because in social media there are a lot of filters and perfect pictures, more and more teenagers want to look the same way, which is impossible because the pictures are often edited and are unreal in real life. Many teenagers struggle and stop worrying about studying and other things because their ultimate goal becomes perfect body image.
- Students spend less time reading. Before social media emerged, reading was one of the most popular hobbies among young people. With social media, more and more students are less interested in literature and find other hobbies and interests. Books can improve your critical thinking and writing. So it is best to keep reading books instead of spending all of your free time on social media. Even 50 pages will make a change.
Combine social media and learning
Social media can't be all good or bad because it can be both useful and harmful. If you feel that you use social media too much, instead of just avoiding it, try spending less time on it and using some interesting resources to help you study. There are many different websites out there to help students get better at different subjects. Therefore, use them for your own good. And if you feel you need help with your homework, don't be afraid to ask for help and use the online homework help services.
- It takes to be human, to be human
- What is the chemical name of NBr3
- Peter Falk smokes a cigar
- How do I dilute dried out mascara
- Grow plants away from gravity
- Is it okay to drink sweet tea?
- What is loss of wealth
- What does hub
- What is zero waste 1
- Requires Apple TV WiFi
- Has anyone got a job through eLitmus?
- Which is better pulsar 220f or 200ns
- What are the growing startups in Stockholm
- Where can I find unusual garden accessories
- In plants what is apical dominance
- How qualified are Bollywood writers
- Is sleep a blessing or a curse?
- It can snow at 45 degrees Fahrenheit
- How is depression for you 1
- Why doesn't Baeyer's reagent oxidize diols
- Have you ever seen the movie Frozen?
- What does the future hold for psychedelics?
- What are some development projects in Bangalore
- Are there Trappist or Benedictine women