What are organizational design principles
Organizational design with design thinking
A still relatively young discipline in Germany is organizational design, which enables an organization to be strengthened holistically. The goal is sustainable companies, teams and organizations that stand on a solid foundation and result in a successful and harmonious whole.
Organizational design goals:
- a strong working alliance between key actors / stakeholders
- create common understanding
- Clear alignment of vision, mission, purpose, strategy & tactics
- Promote effectiveness & efficiency
- Build the foundation
- find a round shape,
- Use the full potential of an organization and the people involved
The goals should be well coordinated with the overall vision of the organization, with the existing culture, with the environment, the starting conditions of the employees and the previous history. It is important to reduce a lot of complexity to the essentials.
Typical contents of organizational design:
- Define the spiritual cross-section of an organization: vision, mission, values, principles, rituals
- Developing an organizational structure: what are the central pillars?
- Define and distribute areas of responsibility
- Goal management, e.g. with OKRs
- Public Relations (PR)
- Branding & Storytelling
- Business development
- Team Building & HR - How do we become and remain a good team and get the right skills on board?
- Leadership: Attitude and Practices
Of course, these levels are mutually dependent and in everyday life, employees of an organization experience many overlaps and mixtures of these levels.
Methods & Approaches: What do we work with in organizational design?
An all-round well-designed company has a clear orientation, functional structures, a lot of positive energy in human interaction and is attractive to employees and customers. To this end, we design the levels of an organization with approaches:
- First of all: create time and space for a mutual dialogue
- Design thinking, e.g. to design processes, products and communication structures in a user-centered manner
- Creativity techniques to find common ways and solutions
- Reinventing Organizations & Spiral Dynamics to understand the system and align it with the authentic values
- Strategic planning to clearly align vision, purpose, values & guiding principles
- Theory U, in order to also master profound change processes
- Training of executives, added clarity, relationship skills, resilience & effective communication
- Team development measures to clarify roles, enable appreciative communication, resolve conflicts and create a positive atmosphere
Also relevant for your organization? Write us.
Going deeper into Change Management & Design Thinking:
- Like the combination of CFA and BCom
- How was Twitter originally started?
- What is methodological doubt
- What is Cambodia's trade and customs procedure
- Is love ephermal
- Why do people create behavior
- Likes Yoongi Soyeon
- Why do people hate Ford
- If ammonium chloride is sublimed
- What year did the Teletubbies start?
- What should I know before visiting Pekanbaru
- Is it normal to hate high school?
- What are creative behavioral interventions
- Jerry Jones owns the Texans
- Where are the waterfalls in Pennsylvania
- Has banned China Outlook com
- Is terrace building a cultivation method?
- How many domain names are registered
- Are programming skills from ServiceNow transferable?
- What is your rating of Baruch Spinoza
- George Washington is the most famous American
- How to say forgiveness in Japanese
- Find out about home security equipment
- Which South Indian snack is the tastiest?