Which is properly replaced or replaced

Office Word: Use "Find and Replace" correctly


You can use Word's "Find and Replace" function to correct recurring spelling mistakes quickly and easily. Word offers you additional options for refining your search. We'll show you how to do it.

Search and replace - this is how it works

Follow our step-by-step instructions or take a look at the quick start guide.

What search options are there?

In the following table we have listed the options with which you can refine your search in the Replace tool:

Note: Similar spellings and word forms can also be used as search options, but only in English.

quick start Guide

  1. Press [Ctrl] + [H] or click in the tab "begin" on "Replace".
  2. Enter "Search for"Enter the word you want to search for. When"Replace"Enter the term to be inserted in place of the old word. Select"Expand"to add special search options.
  3. For the options that should be taken into account, set checkmark.
  4. Then click on "Keep searching"to start searching within the document. To swap individual words, go to"Replace". If you want to exchange them all at the same time, click on"Replace all".