Why is career guidance important
Dear students, dear prospective customers of the career and study advisory service
Our everyday life is currently determined and significantly restricted by "Corona".
As a school pupil, you cannot go to school or university normally due to the currently applicable safety precautions. The career counselors are not available in the usual way for counseling at the school or in the employment agency. In times of Corona, we have to reduce personal customer contacts to the bare minimum, but we would like to offer you alternative information and advice options.
Despite "Corona", it is important not to lose sight of the professional perspective after school, the search for an apprenticeship position or the choice of a course of study. The companies have not stopped recruiting.
What am I supposed to be later? Which job suits me and which I enjoy? What can I earn in this or that profession? How do I position myself well for my professional future? What is important for a successful application? How can I break off or change my training / studies?
Our career advisors will be happy to help you with all of these questions by phone or email and support you in planning your personal career path.
You can reach the career counseling of the Cologne Employment Agency by phone Monday to Friday from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the following number: 0221-9429-1555
Alternatively, you can also send us an email to [email protected] and give us your telephone number and a time slot in which we can easily reach you. Please inform us in your email about your last or your current high school diploma. Then we will call you back as soon as possible. All information that you provide to us through your e-mail will only be used by us to process your request.
Of course, our broad portfolio of online information and tools is still available around the clock to help you find a suitable apprenticeship or study place:
- The apprentice world app, which is available to you free of charge in the popular app stores, combines various offers from the BA and also enables the convenient and personalized search for vacant apprenticeship positions directly on the smartphone. The app is compact and clear and shows how diverse the more than 320 dual training occupations are: https://www.arbeitsagentur.de/bildung/ausbildung/azubiwelt.
- The website https://berufenet.arbeitsagentur.de/berufenet provides detailed information on more than 3,000 professions, income opportunities and job market opportunities
- The film portal http://www.berufe.tv/ shows short films on professions and occupational fields and offers interesting first insights into possible areas of activity. The page https://berufsfeld-info.de/ also facilitates initial orientation in the wide range of professions.
- If you are aiming for a secondary school leaving certificate or secondary school leaving certificate, you will find a portal at https://planet-beruf.de for starting your training with the "BERUFE-ENTDECKER", lots of professional information (including daily routines for apprentices and specialists) , various interviews and extensive material on the topics of training searches, applications and career choices.
- The pages http://regional.planet-beruf.de/index.jsp and http://regional.abi.de/index.jsp provide information on training, secondary schools, educational programs and study opportunities in the region.
- For all training seekers: https://www.arbeitsagentur.de/bildung/ausbildung offers a good location for free training opportunities and good filter options (among other things, the search radius can be determined)
- If you are about to graduate from high school and are looking for information about professional orientation, studies and training, you will find reports, interviews and information at www.abi.de and www.studienwahl.de. The study search www.arbeitsagentur.de/studiensuche also supports the optimal selection of study location and subject.
- You will find the free self-exploration tool (“SET”) under the heading “School, Apprenticeship and Studies”. After answering various questions and tasks, you will receive an evaluation of which apprenticeships and fields of study match your own interests and skills: https://www.arbeitsagentur.de/bildung/welche-ausbildung-welches-studium-passt
- For anyone looking for alternatives to studying, the website https://www.umstieg-koeln.de/studenten/ provides important information. The career counseling service will also be happy to help you over the phone in a consultation regarding study alternatives.
Come and take a look!
- What is so good about Agra Petha
- How do mangroves differ from ordinary trees?
- What are the worst types of cheese
- How do music stars make money
- What does ICICI Direct
- Which food is best for dogs?
- What keeps you stagnant
- Why should you write for Wikipedia
- How can I dress a normal girl
- How does a firing squad work
- Are you living our just existing
- What does the frontal gyrus do
- Are you mental 1
- What is a charter bus
- Where can photography lead you?
- Is anyone else using UUCP
- What is chemistry in simple terms
- IIT Bombay is the best IIT
- What is naive Bayes in data mining
- Has Bruce Lee ever been defeated
- Are chess tactics generated procedurally
- What is the smallest room in the world
- What Isaac Asimov's work everyone should read
- How do you learn database theory