What happened when the last supermoon happened
"Pink Moon" 2021: is the super moon really colored pink?
The so-called pink full moon could be seen over Germany. These days it's even a super moon. All information about the sky spectacle can be found here.
The full moon phase was reached on the night of April 26th to 27th, 2021. Now and again there is talk of the super moon and also the "pink moon". But which celestial events are these?
What is the super moon?
If a full moon is particularly close to the earth, one speaks colloquially of the super moon. The moon is not always the same distance from the earth: it orbits our home planet in an ellipse.
What is the "Pink Moon"?
Upholstery phlox: The pink flowers led to the name "Pink Moon". (Source: Takahashi Toshiro / Getty Images)
The name "Pink Moon" goes back to the "Maine Farmers’ Almanac ", an agricultural print product from the USA, from the 1930s. It was the first time there was talk of "Indian" names for full moons.
The April full moon is called "Pink Moon". The name has nothing to do with the fact that the moon is colored. Rather, the name goes back to the early flowering of the upholstered phlox. The wild herbs were widespread in parts of the United States and had a characteristic pink flower.
Other American names for the full moon in April are "Sprouting Grass Moon", "Egg Moon" or "Fish Moon".
What is the best way to photograph the super moon?
In contrast to a normal full moon, the super moon should appear a little larger and more radiant in the sky. If you want to photograph the celestial body, you should consider the following things:
- Use a tripod and, if possible, a remote release. This way, the taking of the pictures does not jerk.
- Choose a small aperture, short exposure times, and low ISO values. Experiment beforehand to find out the ideal settings for taking pictures of the super moon.
- Use a camera with a long focal length.
Taking photos of the moon with your smartphone could be tricky. The cell phones usually only have cameras with a short focal length. The moon therefore only appears like a small spot in photos.
What are the effects of the super moon?
The rising moon: On April 27, 2021 there will be a so-called super moon. Then the distance between the moon and earth is less than usual. (Source: Sebastian Gollnow / dpa)
The proximity of the moon to the earth can lead to increased spring tides and maximum tidal forces. The proximity of the moon can also affect the solid earth's crust. These appearances last around three days around the time of the full moon.
When can you watch the super moon?
On April 26, 2021, the moon will rise in the east around 7 p.m. It is then at around 357,310 kilometers near the earth - instead of the usual average of around 384,400 kilometers. The full moon phase will be reached on April 27, 2021 at around 5:30 a.m. Around 7 o'clock the moon sets in the west.
more on the subject
- Full moon,
- UNITED STATES,
- Advisory News
- Where can I sell clothes in Calcutta
- What is a combination capacity
- What are the pillars of happiness
- How do I close a wound quickly
- Which Indian state has the biggest people
- Where do I sell Google reviews
- What devices work with Cozmo
- Why does Jeff Bezos hate Elon Musk
- What are some pro-life organizations
- Generate direct currents a magnetic flux
- What are the latest fads
- How is the UGC NET carried out
- Why did Clark Gable join the military?
- Did Lyanna know that Rhaegar died fighting
- Why do thoughts exist
- You Can Make Money With Snap Chat
- Which law of Mendel is generally accepted
- What could the United States end?
- How can the NYC government improve the New York government
- What is efficiency based on system
- Can be used with him
- At what depth do you begin to sink
- What is likely to be difficult
- May Iranian women Scandinavian men