How do I join Google Labs
Google News LabGoogle want journalism better do
For the first time, Google is looking for young journalists and developers in order to give them a scholarship from 16 German-speaking media companies. The background is in One hour What with the media. Every Thursday from 8 p.m.
For the first time in Germany, Google announced a grant to enable young journalists and developers to experiment with digital storytelling and develop new media formats. Interested parties can apply online until August 22nd. The 16 host editorships include Spiegel Online, Zeit Online and the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung.
Isa Sonnenfeld explains what's behind the project. She heads the German-language Google News Lab, which aims to provide journalists with assistance and tools for digital journalism. Is this more than just PR for Google? Isa Sonnenfeld will present the lab and the work and will bring practical tips for media makers.
150 million euros for media projects
The relationship between Google and the German press has been tense in recent years. The ancillary copyright law initiated by the press contributed to this. Recently, however, the Internet group has attracted attention with numerous initiatives to support journalism in Germany. The second round of the Digital News Initiative is currently underway.
Google supports innovative media projects in Europe with 150 million euros. In this issue, Daniel Fiene and Mr. Pähler take a closer look behind the scenes of the News Lab and see whether Google really wants to make journalism better.
Discuss with us!
Our weekly media magazine is also available as a podcast. Subscribe to "One Hour Was mit Medien" here via iTunes or RSS. During the broadcast you can communicate with us directly and via our moderators Daniel Fiene and Mr. Pähler on Twitter.
- Why is my robot not moving
- IIT Bombay is the best IIT
- What does struggle teach people
- How to eliminate edge effect in capacity
- What are you not using as recommended
- Is North Korea an atheist country
- Check Quora moderators for spam reports
- Why are companies withdrawing their own shares?
- How did Pokemon benefit from nostalgia
- What is the name of an online newspaper
- Are succulents considered to be cam plants
- What is a local business environment
- Why is prudence not considered wisdom?
- Why is purple considered a cold color
- Is human intercourse a learned behavior?
- Why are there different forms of literature
- Have to chill chilli overnight
- How can I get FD online
- How many countries are affected by the war today?
- What is the best wine for grilling
- Why are cages bad for animals?
- Will the annual gap affect the placements
- Which pianist played Adele's Hello?
- Is fear the absence of love