Why do I get excited so easily
We often know the reason for nervousness and tension: before an exam, under time pressure, during a delicate conversation. But sometimes we also feel inner restlessness that we cannot easily explain. In this article we want to get to the bottom of this phenomenon. Where does nervous restlessness come from and what influences it?
How is inner unrest expressed?
When we are restless inside, we often experience racing thoughts. We jump from one thought to the next, most of the time these are rather uncomfortable and difficult topics. Our feelings can also play a bit crazy and, depending on our thoughts, be characterized by despair, depression, irritability. Inner restlessness can also be accompanied by pleasant feelings such as joy, excitement or being in love. She often brings with it a changeability at all levels. Physically, there are typical symptoms such as the urge to move around, bite your fingernails, wiggle your feet or drum your fingers on a surface.
What makes us nervous
If we know the cause of inner restlessness, for example an exam, this tension will subside by itself after this event. We mostly talk about nervousness here. Inner unrest rather means a felt tension and excitement that occurs, for example, when we are alone at home. We could actually put our feet up, but we don't feel comfortable and relaxed, but tense. There can be physical and psychological reasons for this.
If we are restless inside, it is very possible that our body is missing something. Too little fluids, healthy food, exercise - if our body lacks something, this can become noticeable through restlessness.
Our thoughts have a decisive influence on whether we are calm or whether we experience inner unrest. For example, if we think about the next day's tasks or a stressful situation, we become tense. Even if it is at this moment externally there is no reason for it. You can find out how to calm down your thoughts in such moments in our blog article.
Carelessness and inner restlessness
We are helplessly exposed to the inner restlessness as long as we are not consciously aware of it. If our thoughts run from A to B, we move nervously from one room to another or try to distract ourselves by watching TV or surfing the Internet, we probably remain tense. The first step to put an end to the inner unrest is the mental registration of inner unrest. This careful noting of our thoughts, feelings, and physical activity is known as mindfulness. You can find an effective mindfulness exercise that you can use to deal with anxiety in our blog article on stress prevention.
Our brains in sleep mode
Inner restlessness is not an imagination or a false perception, but actually takes place in the brain. If we are tense inside, our brain is still busy with certain tasks. For example, we try to find solutions to problems or ways out of difficult life situations. In contrast to this, there is also the sleep mode of our brain, the so-called “Default Mode Network”.
The Default Mode Network is a network of certain brain regions that is active when we are relaxed and not busy with anything in particular.
Instead, we let our thoughts come and go. From a psychological point of view, the art of inner calm is the letting go of certain mental fixations.
Reduce inner unrest with HelloBetter
In our online training Fit in Stress, you will learn techniques for coping with stress with which you can, for example, solve problems in a targeted manner. This way they no longer haunt you and your nervous restlessness subsides. You will also learn relaxation and mindfulness methods that have been shown to reduce stress. Curious? You can find more information and the possibility to register under the link above.
- Web development is very important today
- Why do schools block certain websites
- What is unique about buildings in Pondicherry
- What is the kind of NH3
- Who is the most polite person
- Black dogs are actually black
- Voltas is a Tata company
- Did you take part in the lottery?
- What are the targets of stealth destroyers
- Why should you like Kylo Ren?
- Submit sweepstakes in the mail
- Why does redshift run faster than Hadoop
- What role did Fleances play in Macbeth
- How can marriage destroy someone
- How are coding languages created
- We all came from Africa
- All meat contains trans fats
- Killed Harry Hedwig
- How to Earn Bitcoins Fast
- Why do people love Chihuahua
- Physiologically, orgasms feel so good
- What is the Bareli Ki Barfi Film
- What is the chemical bond in sugar
- Why are Bibles printed on thin paper?
- What if Robert Baratheon Cersei didn't marry?
- Which Bitcoin should I invest in?
- How powerful is a German Shepherd Dog
- What is 90 10 1
- Which video marketing platform do you recommend
- How does a basic education system work
- What is the future of Windows 7
- Why are hummingbirds so small
- Who is the father of computer science