What is your favorite type of frosting
Strawberry frosted donuts
Do you see these donuts here?
You are so simple. While they may seem complicated to some, surprisingly, baked donuts are one of the easiest things I make. They take about 20 minutes from start to finish AND require very simple ingredients that I usually always have on hand.
I bake my donuts in a donut pan instead of frying them. I'd rather not (1) splash my entire kitchen with burning hot oil and (2) leave a dozen fried donuts in my kitchen. The donut pan was $ 8 from Target and probably the best $ 8 investment I've ever made. My
So today's donuts. They are fun. You are girlish. You are pink! And they are definitely delicious.
These donuts are soft and cake-like, but not the slightest bit dry - the Greek vanilla yogurt and milk keep them very moist. They're also full of vanilla flavor. I used Chobani Vanilla 0% Greek yogurt, but you can also use vanilla, plain yogurt, or even strawberry yogurt - the fat content is up to you. And don't try the vanilla extract in these! You're going to want all the vanilla flavor that you can get.
I dipped each donut in a homemade strawberry frosting and finished with a shower of red sprinkles. I think they kind of look like strawberry poptarts - my favorite kind!
I wanted the donuts to be completely doused in strawberry icing, so I dipped them three times each. The thin frosting is so simple - puree 3 strawberries with 1 tablespoon of strawberry jam. Mix up your pastry chefs' sugars adding more and more until you get the color and thickness you like. It's a light frosting that I keep seeing myself making myself - I'd love to combine it with a pineapple cupcake or even sprinkle it with some banana bread. Any other ideas? I need an excuse to do it again. 🙂
This recipe provides a small batch (only about 6-7 donuts) that I loved. However, it can easily be doubled or even tripled. I think I'll triple the recipe next time and get it to work for my co-workers. I'm sure they would love me if I brought home freshly baked homemade donuts for a week on a mundane Monday morning. 🙂
Do you have any favorite donut recipes? Link them! 🙂
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 4 tablespoons Chobani 0% Greek vanilla yogurt (or strawberry)
- 2 tablespoons milk (I used vanilla almond milk)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 3-4 strawberries
- 1 tablespoon of strawberry jam
- 1 - 2 cups of powdered sugar, sifted
- red sprinkles, optional
- For donuts : Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray the donut pan (or muffin pan) with non-stick spray. Put aside. Combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl. Put aside. Whisk the yogurt, milk, egg, vanilla and melted butter in a small bowl. Slowly stir the wet ingredients into the dry mixture until completely blended. DO NOT overmix.
- Use a piping bag with a large round tip (or a Ziploc bag with the corner cut off) to guide the batter into a pan with 6 donuts. Fill the cavities of the donut about 2/3 full. Bake for 8 to 11 minutes, until the donuts are golden brown. They jump back when touched. Mine took exactly 10 minutes.
- Let cool down for approx. 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Dip donuts in strawberry icing 1-3 times, depending on how thick you want them to be. Top with sprinkles.
- For icing : Cut the strawberries into slices and puree with 1 tablespoon of strawberry jam. Slowly stir in 1 cup of sifted powdered sugar and add more until the desired consistency and color is achieved. I wanted thick frosting so I added 2 cups. Donuts are best served immediately. Store leftovers well covered at room temperature for up to 2 days.
FREEZE: You can freeze the donuts (glazed or unglazed) for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and warm up to your liking.
- Which model has the smallest waist?
- Why is there no solution for healthcare
- How fashion fans gain more Instagram followers
- Who sings the song Beat Boy
- Which country name starts with TAI
- What are some examples of ethical consumption
- What is the advantage of studying individually
- How should I start with HackerRank
- What will happen when Erdogan is dead
- Napoleon was a terrible person
- Eggs expire in the fridge
- Why is NASA buying tons of potatoes
- Are there portions in table tennis
- What are the uses of E. coli
- How do you fly wherever you want
- What was Pink Floyd's lowest moment
- Why do people sing
- What does your Java workspace look like
- What do we need intelligence for?
- Coca Cola needs to be chilled
- Bhutan is not part of the CWG
- How important is Iceland for Russia
- How was Trotsky taught in Stalinist Russia
- Was Lundendorff a Nazi
- Why don't sociopaths bother?
- Will Mexico invade the US?
- Do you feel like a woman
- How value is created in LBO transactions
- Is Turkey a good place to live?
- What drugs did Sherlock Holmes take
- How to Increase Endurance for CrossFit
- When is cotton harvested in West Texas
- Pasta What Are The Best Lasagna Recipes