Who are the inventors of Auto Mobile
Who invented the automobile?
Today the car is the most important means of transport. Over 54 million vehicles are registered in Germany. This means that there is at least one car for every second inhabitant. But who invented the car? This is what Ben, 6 years old, would like to know.
Who is the inventor of the car?
Automobile comes from the Greek and means something like moving by itself. So it doesn't have to be pulled by horses, as was common in the 19th century. The basis for this is an engine. This was patented by Nikolaus August Otto in 1876. Its gasoline engine is powered by gasoline. This is repeatedly made to explode in a controlled manner. This moves the pistons up and down in the cylinder and drives a machine.
This efficient engine encouraged many engineers to develop a fuel-powered vehicle. That had been tried in vain decades earlier. After all, it was Carl Benz who patented his three-wheeled motor vehicle developed in Mannheim in 1886. This is the hour of birth of the automobile.
Other developments came out shortly afterwards. Gottlieb Daimler's motorized carriage with four wheels already gives an idea of the direction in which automobile development should go. Unfortunately, Daimler was a little late because Carl Benz had applied for his patent first and is therefore considered to be the inventor of the automobile.
The beginnings of the car
Of course the first cars were still pretty leisurely on the road. Carl Benz's motor vehicle drove only 16 kilometers per hour. Nevertheless, the population was initially very skeptical because there were no traffic rules and therefore a number of accidents happened. It was a few decades before the cars could go into series production.
Remedy or problem?
In fact, automobiles were initially advertised as being particularly environmentally friendly because they didn't pollute the roads with horse manure. Today we know better. The exhaust gases from cars contain greenhouse gases such as CO2. These are responsible for the greenhouse effect and thus for the currently much-cited climate change.
But the automotive industry must also prepare for this. Today, for example, you can buy hybrid cars that combine gasoline and electric motors and therefore produce fewer emissions. There are also purely electric cars and solar vehicles that run on solar energy are already being developed.
You can read even more about exciting inventions in WAS IST WAS Volume 35 Inventions. Genius and a flash of inspiration
- Why was Portugal so illiterate until recently?
- What constellation can be seen today
- Which is better Safeway or Fred Meyer
- What are some rapeseed in Polish
- Should young people get piercings in addition to earlobes
- What is the best mortgage
- Why does the earth appear blue
- Why can't I be too kind
- Was Lord Hanuman ever defeated
- How do you spot a fake hacker
- Which is the best song from Bieber
- Should I upgrade to Android Pie?
- What is the national flower of France
- Who made the night king
- You can buy a gun on eBay
- What Can Help Prevent Schizophrenia
- What are the branches of internal medicine
- Take part in a local theater
- Why didn't Uber arrive in Winnipeg
- Has Cuba ever had a tsunami
- How do I transfer Dropbox to OneDrive
- What is egg flushing
- Transferwise suddenly charges more
- Do we really live in dreams
- Is nostalgia not healthy
- What is a Syndicated TV Show
- Teachers like out-of-office emails
- What is the use of kidney transplant
- Does a juice cleanse work
- Why are numbers called whole numbers?
- How to say fake in Tagalog
- Will Tesla survive the next decade?
- John Mayer uses marijuana
- Why is Donald Trump silent about Aleppo