What are some pointers for using Camtasia
Free University of Berlin
Monthly special “Camtasia” (part 1/3)
Illustrate knowledge with Camtasia
Communicate knowledge in a modern way with videos and actively involve viewers
Communicating communication processes and sequences of action via video, not just in the form of text, is often helpful in teaching and science. Analyzing video recordings of expert discussions, demonstrating the correct operation of a device in video for laboratory activities or demonstrating the application with online tools with a video tutorial are just a few examplesCamtasia can be used sensibly for the preparation of content as digital learning material in video format.
CamtasiaStudio is a software for recording the screen with all activities taking place there as a screencast or screen video. These screencasts or existing digital videos can be used with Camtasia Studio can be edited in order to insert pictures, to create intros and outros or to integrate quiz questions in order to actively involve the viewer. An example for the use of Camtasia is the creation of tutorials - as shown here with an example that was created for the interview archive "Forced Labor 1939 - 1945. Memories and History". More examples of tutorials can be found on the website.
Key features & potential
With Camtasia Studio you can record, edit and produce videos on your own computer. The finished video can be made available online in various output formats.Camtasia is used to
- Record screen activities as a screencast / screen video,
- Include audio and spoken comments and / or
- Media like PowerPoint presentations or PDFs as well
- Music, photos and other media clips for creative design,
- Insert text, links and transitions and with
- To round off the table of contents and search function.
Audio and video can be used with Camtasia record in parallel. In post-production, the main video can be cut and further video snippets can be added, for example to incorporate an intro, to show the presenter in a smaller picture, and more. Audio comments can also be edited and integrated subsequently. The video editor at Camtasia also offers a selection of media clips, animated backgrounds, graphics, etc. that users can include in their screencasts. The finished videos can be output as: AVI, FLV, WMV, RM, MOV, SWF and MPEG.
In the second part of the monthly special too Camtasia we will look at possible uses of Camtasia enter into teaching and science.
- How often does IITs cheat
- Which editor do YouTubers use for free
- What do you do with fresh rhubarb
- What is HD about fiber
- What are some controversies from Mahatma Gandhi
- What shocked you about Japan?
- Who won the Turing Award this year
- What makes you a great actor
- Is C Ronaldo done
- What is fluorine at room temperature
- Does the GoPro 4 have a zoom lens
- How do you know about Bangladesh
- How do you make hair look greasy
- How can you reduce through diet
- How better to trust their instincts
- How do I understand boys' behavior
- What current rapper music feels out of date
- Undergraduate research is important in the distributed system
- Is FIFA 17 worth selling
- Which whopper has the most calories
- Why is the Arctic a unique ecosystem
- What are some common myths about China
- What do high schoolers hate
- What is the function of Microsoft Word