What language do they speak in Lombok
Bali - a small island with two languages
Bali is the westernmost of the Lesser Sunda Islands, which belongs to the largest island nation in the world, Indonesia, and is located between the neighboring islands of Java and Lombok in the Indian Ocean. The tropical climate with changing humidity ensures a year-round constant temperature of around 27 degrees Celsius with changing rainy and dry seasons. Currently, almost five million tourists from all over the world travel to Bali every year to explore the island of the gods and a thousand temples.
The rice fields and lawns of Jatiluwih
What is it that makes this island so attractive?
The 5,600 km² small island is incredibly diverse and offers relaxation, adventure and enjoyment at the same time. Endless rice fields, many active and inactive volcanoes, large and small lavishly decorated temples (it is difficult to find an exact number, it should be around 20,000 in total), long dream beaches, rugged cliffs, small hidden bays and much more.
Bali is the only island in Indonesia that is more than 90% Hindu, while the other regions of the country are predominantly Muslim. The everyday life of the Balinese is strongly determined by religion and culture and so the "original Bali" can still be clearly felt despite the many tourists. Several times a day, small offering bowls are brought to various temples, ceremonies are held and contact with the gods is sought with gamelan music and ritual dances. The religious holidays also play a central role. Galungan is the anniversary of the creation of the world and is celebrated once every 210 days according to the Balinese Pawukon calendar. Galungang is not just a single holiday, but a 10-day festival period that ends with the Kuningan Festival.
A ceremony during the Galungan Festival The people of Bali are very friendly, warm and interested in their fellow men and foreign visitors. It is very common to ask someone you meet on the street where they live, where they have just been or where they are going next. The small talk here is quite personal and is more about the person than the weather, sport or work. It is also interesting that there are only four common first names in Bali, which are given to the first, second, third or fourth child regardless of gender. The fifth child is given the first name of the first-born, etc. To differentiate between sex, the Sudra caste (90% of the population) prefixes Ni for girls and I for boys.
- Child: Wayan (more rarely Putu or Ilhu)
- Child: Maggot (more rarely Nengah or Kadek)
- Child: Nyoman (also Komang)
- Child: Ketut
The main languages in Bali are Balinese and Indonesian, the locals usually speak both languages. The pronunciation is quite simple, because with a few exceptions everything is pronounced as it is written. The r is rolled, the j is a soft “dsch” and the c is pronounced “tsch” (e.g. the city of Canggu = “Tschangu”). Some of the Balinese words differ significantly from their Indonesian counterparts:
|Good day!||Om Swastiastu!||Selamat pagi!|
|Hello!||Swastiastu!||Salam / Halo / Shark!|
|Please.||Suksma mewali.||Sama sama.|
But don't worry, as a tourist you can easily communicate in English. However, if you learn a few words of Indonesian, or better yet, Balinese, the locals will be very happy. Bali is definitely worth a trip and you can get to know many interesting places, traditions and people during your stay.
At the Pura Luhur Batukaru temple
Offering bowls with various gifts
- Is the business card out of date?
- How many digits are there in 45
- Which TV series was stretched
- How does GPS calculate the position
- What are food grade FIBC bags
- Can you check out Zerodha Small Fall
- How should I sit comfortably while reading?
- How do teachers teach a test
- How can a paralyzed person lose weight
- What is library automation
- How many electrons does H2O contain?
- Is there a sensor to detect garbage
- What is campaign planning in advertising
- What is offline optimization in search engine optimization
- How much are Xavi and Iniesta worth
- How do I become a loving husband
- What are the basics of the degree
- Who is yoga for
- Who did the sinc function
- How can I rely on high school
- What is the value of Pi Factorial
- What are some modeling institutions in India
- Why are some twins not identical
- What is VT in a diode